Just back from a lovely break in Sardinia, the resort was lovely and set in stunning grounds. The pool areas are very nice, towel service don't start till 9 do u haven't got to get up at sun rise to get a bed! They also help u if u don't get a bed, they either find u one and don't really beds being saved! The pools are very clean and child friendly. The buffet restaurant is very nice, breakfast and dinner always a lovely choice. There are other restaurants within the Laguna, always serving lovely food with menus changing often. They have a kids restaurant for up go 36months, the selection of food in there is amazing, little steaks to salmon and pastas, its very enjoyable for them. The resort offers 5* nightly entertainment, starts off with shows for the kids and then adults into the night, they put so much effort in to them, from music to costumes and lighting and everything really.
They offer a lovely little train shuttle to the beach which goes every 15 mins, such a good ride.
The beach is amazing, the sea is so clear I had pictures they people said I could of been in a pool. But the sand is like hot coals!!! The restaurant there is amazing, the pizza and pastas are lovely, and offer big selection of seafood.
We had a garden room, which was very small, even though we had a cot in ours it was a tight squeeze! We also had snakes outside our room, a bit scary with an 8 month so we asked around if there was any danger and no one seemed to know! The resort is very spread out and it's nice
walking around places seeing everything'.
The down side to this place is the price of everything, beers and wines were crazy. I would say the staff were friendly and helpful but being English we never go showed this, often I was stood at the bar on my own waiting, staff would see me while finishing there job then someone could come stand next to me and get served first, one occasion 3 people got served in front of me with me being first! I tflund this all over the resort which isn't nice. Also there is a bar when the entertainment is on, although they work hard there isn't enough staff to cope with table service and bar service, again being English went against me. 1 evening I sat with my wife and mum and dad, an Italian couple sat next to us after, our order was 1 large beer and a Campari and soda, waitress went to the other table they ordered large beer and Campari and soda, so we ended up with a half pint half of that being froth as well, and what was only a little bigger than a shot of Campari and soda, in amazement the Italian couple got a "large beer" and a massive Campari also a bowl of crips and olives, we were given nothin having ordered exactly the same!!
All in all was a lovely resort but being treated like that put my family off a lot. So if considering going I would advise to brush up on some Italian and DON'T SOUND ENGLISH!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The vivid colours of the Mediterranean invite you to experience an adventure beyond anything you've imagined. Enjoy the comfort and luxury of our 4-star Hotel Village in Chia, a true gem in heart of Sardinia. The recently renovated cottage rooms are the resort's most popular attraction, and offer exclusive amenities that have been designed for families with children in mind, such as a mini club, a variety of restaurants, a shuttle train to the beach, a central pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com and LoveHolidays so you can book your Chia Laguna - Hotel Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chia Village Hotel Chia
- Meridien Domus De Maria
- Sardinia Chia Laguna
- Domus De Maria Meridien
- Le Meridien Domus De Maria
- Domus De Maria Le Meridien
- Chia Laguna - Hotel Village Sardinia