Just back from our low season visit to the Village - The food is a BIG issue- no one at the (all incl) restaurant appeared to be enjoying themselves. It was like eating in a hospital canteen, no garlic, herb or chilli had touched any of the food, too much choice and no quality, no atmosphere, full lighting - suffice to say no romance (DO NOT go as a couple, we came with a 1.5yr toddler who we fed at the baby restaurant at 6.30pm and got childcare everynight so we could TRY and enjoy a meal to ourselves) The last two evenings there was a slight improvement in quality of food as the outside grill was put into action but for Italy it was terrible especially the breakfast which was absolutely standard every morning including dripping greasy bacon, scrambled egg floating in water, syrup orange juice machine - not to mention the soupy coffee, tinned fruit selection and a couple of cereals with as much bread as you could eat...just slightly rescued by a small selection of pastrys.
Saying all of this the staff were excellent, timely and kind.
The beach was beautiful with a crystal clear sea as good as any.
The bedrooms were cleaned well everyday and in good decorative order although the first one we were put into smelt very mouldy (had been shut up all dead season I guess)
The Kids club and equipment was a bit run down along with the kids pool which is why so many kids ended up in the main village pool, freezing though it was.
The entertainment schedule hadn-t really started and what we saw of it was pretty basic but sounded like it would get better as season progressed but generally the big dissapointment factor was that with the position and the facilities and general upkeep and COST a few more things gotten right and more attention and it could have been a really good experience and that is the most irritating thing about the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The vivid colours of the Mediterranean invite you to experience an adventure beyond anything you've imagined. Enjoy the comfort and luxury of our 4-star Hotel Village in Chia, a true gem in heart of Sardinia. The recently renovated cottage rooms are the resort's most popular attraction, and offer exclusive amenities that have been designed for families with children in mind, such as a mini club, a variety of restaurants, a shuttle train to the beach, a central pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, LoveHolidays and Booking.com so you can book your Chia Laguna - Hotel Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chia Village Hotel Chia
- Meridien Domus De Maria
- Sardinia Chia Laguna
- Domus De Maria Meridien
- Le Meridien Domus De Maria
- Domus De Maria Le Meridien
- Chia Laguna - Hotel Village Sardinia