“Amazing boutique hotel”
Review of Hotel S'Astore

Hotel S'Astore
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Porto Rotondo
Reviewed 2 October 2013

During our 12 days in Sardinia this hotel was definitely the best we stayed in. Wonderful location and beautiful sea views. The rooms were fantastic even the standard double sea view had a patio and sun lounger. Will definitely recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gay H
There are newer reviews for Hotel S'Astore

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We booked this hotel for 7 nights but had no response from the hotel on the numerous times we emailed. I think this now maybe because sardinia shuts down out of season, but because of the lack of contact and not too many positive reviews on line we changed this booking to only one night.
How wrong we were! What a stunning, stunning hotel!
The hotel is on the top of a hill with panoramic views, a really beautiful pool with quirky rattan pool furniture, in very well manicured gardens.
The family room we were given was perfect. Very spacious, open plan, with a double and 2 singles, a small living area and a huge fridge.The beds were very comfortable with crisp white sheets.
The hotel layout itself was something I had never seen before. Some, not all,had balconies that were shared by other rooms, or accessed by other rooms, so it may not be as private as some would like. Our room, on what seemed the older side of the hotel,had stairs that passed two other rooms on the right, then the rooms on the left would have to access our veranda to get to their door... Complicated, but for us this only added to the charm of this amazing hotel.
They had an enormous suite on the top floor with two huge balconies overlooking the pool and the sea, which I think we would try to book next time.
Breakfast wasn't as huge or as homemade as we had had in our hotel in san pantaleo( hotel sant'andrea), but this was,by far,a more luxurious setting.
We ate dinner in the hotel which again was really beautiful. All of the food we had was extremely tasty, and the local Sardinian wine was outstanding.
Porto Rotondo was less than a 5 minute drive down hill, and it is a lovely place to see the boats coming and going whilst enjoying a drink in the harbour.
As soon as I arrived at hotel s'astore I was gutted that we hadn't kept our booking for the 7 nights, and I will definitely return to this hotel. It was so quiet and relaxing, probably not the place for young children. The photos online do not do it justice,& looking around Porto Rotondo, I couldn't think of a better hotel to stay in!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CheshireMrsp
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This hotel is not done justice by it's photos. It's a picturesque boutique hotel will amazing cliff top views. The rooms are beautifully designed, comfortable beds and very clean/well maintained. This is a hidden gem of a hotel and one which is certainly not found wanting in any area. I can't recommend this place enough.

The staff a extremely helpful and polite, they're quick to go the extra mile and ensure your stay is the one you would wish for.

Wifi is free was available in my room (one of the furthest from the main building). The pool is quiet which a plethora of outdoor furniture to sunbathe, relax or dine on.

A hire car is the easiest way to get around (10 mins to Porto Rontodo and a bit longer into Olbia), however there is a convenient local bus which picks up about 7mins walk from the hotel for less than a couple of euros to most places.

If you are looking for a boutique picturesque hotel for that perfect, relaxing quiet get away only a few mins drive from Porto Rotondo (20 euros in a taxi at night) then this is the hotel. We will be back (my girlfriend will make sure of that!!)

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris E
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We spent one week in S'Astore. The room was very clean, with sea panoramic view and a wide terrace for sunbathing. We tried twice the restaurant and each time the fish was very fresh. We appreciated too much the courtesy and the empathy of the family, always available for helping us. We believe for sure to come back soon. This place is really a pearl in Costa Smeralda.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I recently spent a weeks holiday in Sardinia and stayed at Hotel S'Astore, the facilities, location and spectacular service made it a trip to remember. The hotel is truly a centre point for beautiful restaurants and beaches, very close to Porto Rotondo which has a supermarket, bank, post office and shops. I was travelling alone from Australia and the family and staff of hotel S'Astore were so kind, always chatting to me and teaching me the occasional italian phrase. The food at the restaurant is outstanding and show cases many quality sardinian dishes, this can be accompanied by sardinian wine which the family make themselves. The view from the restaurant and swimming pool area is stunning, peaceful and the perfect place to watch the sun set with an aperitif in hand.. Thank you !

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My wife and I spent a few nights of our honeymoon at the S'Astore.

Whilst the hotel is not in the centre of Porto Rotondo its location is fantastic as it overlooks the sea and mountains. It is a very chic hotel and the staff are excellent. The swimming pool makes a big difference when it is hot and the grounds of the hotel and large and scenic.

When we arrived I was initially disappointed with the size of the regular room however I was upgraded the one of the premier rooms at a cost of Euro 50 for the 3 nights. On check out I was told that I didn't have to pay as it was a present from the hotel on our honeymoon. The staff also arranged for some flowers for my wife on her birthday. We did not have the chance to have dinner at the hotel as my wife and I are vegetarian and we wanted to explore more of Porto Rotondo.

This is an excellent hotel with amazing views and has a homely feel as it is a family run hotel.

I would highly recommend this hotel and we will be taking our parents their in the near future.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PG123_13
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We have just returned from a lovely week at the Hotel S'Astore. On arrival I had my doubts as we turned up at midnight on Saturday, there was no-one to help with luggage (I had my baby and mother who needed assistance), it was a bit noisy and the rooms were fairly small.

However, over the week this place really came though with the goods. The staff couldn't do enough for us, even when my mother locked herself in her room and broke the key! (sorry!).
They even organised car rental (we originally didn't want one - but there is so much to see that is not far - but beyond walking distance).

The breakfast was a very nice continental, the coffee great, and the service fab - and they always had extra affection for my baby Zac - teaching him to say Ciao!
The restaurant was very nice, though fairly expensive - even for this area.

The pool area was the best - always quiet even in peak season, and you can swim all day long with the beautiful view in the background.

The hotel is within minutes of great beaches like Marinella and also Porto Rotondo where we did most of our eating - an endless choice of restaurants.

Very impressed - will be back!

Mike & Alex, Sussex

Room Tip: Get one with the sea view - it is worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
#1 of 22 in Baia Sardinia
Hotel Luci di La Muntagna
Hotel Luci di La Muntagna
#8 of 21 in Porto Cervo

Been to Hotel S'Astore? Share your experiences!