Petra Segreta Resort & Spa
Hotel San Pantaleo(San Pantaleo)
US$116
US$104
US$143
US$85
  • Pool
Hotel Sant'Andrea(San Pantaleo)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$95
Great 4.5/5
Hotel Le Ginestre(Porto Cervo)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$135
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Selis Hotel(Porto Cervo)(Great Value!)
US$105
Good 3.5/5
Airone Hotel(Baia Sardinia)
US$166
  • Breakfast included
Residence Sa Jaga Brujada(Porto Rotondo)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$71
  • Free Internet
Hotel Arathena(San Pantaleo)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Great 4.5/5
Colonna Hotel Du Golf(Cugnana Verde)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjunior suitecosta smeraldaprivate poolstunning viewsend of octobergreat place to restpre dinner drinksideal placevery special placespent a week heredifferent placesrelais chateauxsimilar qualityvolcanic rockoutside areahotel servicepeace and quiet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 July 2013

The hotel's website does really not do this place justice. Stunning views, excellent rooms, great food and helpful staff who dished out excellent restaurant recommendations (esp. Ingrid). The hotel was full but was still very quiet and peaceful, even in the communal areas. We hired a car and so went out on trips to local beaches and local towns. Everywhere we wanted to go seemed no more than 15-20 mins away with very scenic mountain drives.

Tip: The small dirt road mentioned in reviews below has now been partly paved so the drive wasn't too bad at all and it looks like the remaining dirt section has just been prepared for paving. For the easiest drive don't follow your sat nav blindly to the hotel, make sure you go via the nearby town of San Pantaleo. This will take you up the dirt road on the paved end.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

What a place forget the tricky drive to get there because once you arrive you will not want to leave.
The attention to detail is second to none very smart yet comfortable and oh so friendly.
The food is simply some of the best we've eaten anywhere in the world accompanied by perfect service.
All this and a view to die for.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We stayed at this resort for 10 days from 14 May. The weather wasn't brilliant for the time of year but that can't be helped, (I was hoping to get some stunning shots). On arrival we were very impressed, having negotiated the long bumpy road (we had also had a problem finding the turnoff in San Pantaleo - and was pointed in the right direction by a very helpful man in the petrol station).

The views are stunning and the resort is very tastefully designed sympathetic to its surroundings. It is so very quiet and peaceful and feels so removed from reality. Our room was only a standard room and apart from a very faint damp smell was very nice, tastefully decorated and comfortable - the bed was extremely comfortable.

The staff were excellent, very friendly and efficient, all adding to the calm relaxing ambience. I had a massage which is one of the best I have ever had (the Spa Manager was extremely helpful and obviously knew his stuff). However I do agree with some of the other comments, the facilities are not quite what you would expect in a 'spa' resort, and the room I had my massage in was a little cold, but I hadn't really gone for the Spa so the massage was a bonus and added to the relaxing holiday.

The breakfasts were delicious with lots of choice and fresh ingredients. We only ate in the restaurant 3 times during our stay which was enough. Each time we ordered off the set menu which was great but I think it would have been too much of a similar format to have more often. The other times we went to the pizza restaurant in San Pantaleo (which serve great Pizzas) and found another good restaurant on the road to Porto Cervo which I can't remember the name of.

We hired a car and apart from the aforementioned bumpy road to San Pantaleo, the resort is ideally situated for exploring the Costa Smeralda and north/northeast Sardinia with it's stunning coastline and beautiful beaches.

Overall I would say that the resort is more ideally suited for shorter breaks, you would have to hire a car (nowhere is walking distance). San Panteleo is very pretty but there is not much there and it is not walking distance from the hotel.

I have never come back from a holiday feeling quite so relaxed!

Room Tip: It depends if you want to pay more - we opted for a standard room as we were going for 10 days - for a shorter break we would have upgraded.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Madeleine54
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We arrived as a party of 4 to this resort on Saturday 4 May 2013. We had booked for the full week however were advised in advance by the Manager that due to a wedding we would have to vacate on Friday 10 May 2013, because of this we were offered an upgrade to a 'deluxe' room from a standard and a free body massage each, which we accepted.
My husband and I were shown to our room, we were very disappointed as we had been allocated what appeared to be a 'standard' room. It was very small, dark and damp. We asked the Manager if we could change. He informed us that we had only booked the 'standard' room, we had to remind him of his offer, which he acknowledged and confirmed that another room would be available. The new room was bigger and better however I would have to point out that the room descriptions posted on the website do not fully represent what you will find.
We ate in the restaurant each day for breakfast. There was an excellent choice of food, the waiting staff are very friendly too.
The negative for our group was the evening meal, we had not booked on a half board basis so opted for ‘al a carte’ on 2 occasions, but sadly on both occasions the food fell short of how it is described on the website and in comparison to other Relais & Chateaux hotels that we have stayed in throughout Europe was very disappointing.
We utilized our body massage treatments and opted to have these on a rainy day; this meant that the therapy rooms were very cold as they have no heating. I did feel that this could have been avoided if a heater had been set up in the room in advance of the treatments; in addition there are no recommended beauty products, I was not informed of what oils/products were being used.
When we checked out we had been charged for our massages, this meant that we had to check the bill fully which took time and led to frustrations. Again this added to the list of negatives which is not what you expect when staying in this standard of resort.
Overall the location is stunning despite the mud track drive to get there. The staff were friendly in particular Astrid was extremely helpful with her local knowledge and was always very attentive.
The good things are let down by the negatives, which may sound fussy but when you are paying for this standard of holiday you expect the best and sadly there were areas where Petra Segreta failed to deliver.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank jaynejackson777
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I have recently returned from a five day break at this hotel. I don't think I have ever felt so relaxed. The hotel is set in the most idyllic spot in the hills overlooking beautiful scenery. There is a difficult road to manoeuvre to get there but it is well worth the journey. My daughter tried out some of the spa treatments and deemed them to be first class. We ate in the hotel and found the food to be excellent. I think however the most outstanding feature of Petra Segreta is the staff. They could not have been more helpful. Fabio and his team in the restaurant were especially attentive and every need was met with a smile. I would recommend Petra Segreta to anyone who wishes to chill out and get away from the madding crowd.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family