My husband and I booked to stay here for 5 nights for our mini-moon at the end of August. Part of the reason we were attracted to the hotel was because it looked romantic, private, and after the stress of the wedding we were looking forward to lounging by the pool and treating ourselves to some cocktails.
Firstly, our room was very disappointing. The hotel knew we were on our honeymoon, and, unlike what you see on the website, our terrace was overlooking the entrance to the spa on one of the main footpaths around the hotel. While there is a (short) hedge blocking some of the view into the room, any passers by were able to look in, or if we were sat on the terrace, passers by would wave and talk to you - not really what you want when you're enjoying a private moment with your partner! Therefore if we were in our room, most of the time was spent inside, with the curtains closed.
Secondly, fixtures in the room were disappointing. As other guests have pointed out - nothing too bad but certainly not what you would expect from a Relais and Chateau hotel. For example, one of the three lights above the mirror had gone and wasn't replaced for our whole stay. Additionally, the towel rail was loose and rattled around.
All of these points I brought up to management the day before we left in order that they would have the opportunity to at least do something about it but guess what - the complaint was completely ignored - and none of the bathroom issues fixed. Frustrating!
Lastly, while the grounds are beautiful and the pool area very nice, the pool area is not serviced AT ALL by the staff during the day. Towels are laid out in the morning, but after that guests are left to their own devices. Loungers that have been used in the morning but abandoned in the afternoon are not refreshed, therefore guests that come later in the day have to guess as to which lounger is not in use and dispose of the used towels/ get new ones themselves. Not ideal.
Also, to say they have a 'pool bar' is incredibly misleading. The bar which is inside near the pool, is not even staffed. There is a bell to get attention should no one be there which is ignored (I rang it about 5 times before setting off in my wet bikini around the hotel to get a drink and eventually found myself at reception, embarrassed, just to get a glass of water). Additionally, later in the evening when we asked the bar man for a martini - he did not know what this was. Surely this is a key drink on any Relais & Chateau bar menu!
We really wanted to enjoy this hotel but sadly this was not the case. I certainly wouldn't be recommending it in a hurry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hidden refuge, naturally inspired. Hidden amongst the hills of San Pantaleo, overlooking the Costa Smeralda, Petra Segreta Resort offers the perfect combination of tranquil country charm with the five-star service of a Relais & Chateaux property. Nestled at the heart of five hectares of Mediterranean vegetation, amid essences of myrtle, mastic and juniper, the hotel offers an elegant club-house with welcoming rooms warmed in springtime by open fires, a bar with large windows overlooking the sea, restaurants Il Fuoco Sacro and L’Osteria del Mirto and, set a little apart, the wellness area and pool. The estate hosts 23 rooms and suites (including five with private heated pools) inspired by the traditional Gallura stazzi - the low, stone buildings typical of the region – and offering beautiful views over the La Maddalena archipelago. The interior design of the rooms and common areas creates peaceful spaces, with Sardinian ornaments set alongside souvenirs from trips to eastern lands ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Petra Segreta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petra Segreta Resort And Spa
- Petra Segreta Hotel San Pantaleo
- Petra Segreta Resort & Spa Sardinia/San Pantaleo