We spent 4 nights at Petra Segreta for our honeymoon and it didn't disappoint. Having read recent reviews before we set off we were slightly nervous about a number of points, the treacherous car ride to the resort, the supposedly rude staff etc, but we have to say that our experience was excellent.
We visited the resort right at the end of the season (the hotel shut down for winter the weekend we checked out) so were practically the only guests bar one other family and a number of couples. Despite this, the service was excellent, we had full use of all the facilities and the restaurant offered a full and exquisite menu including a different tasting menu every night! As the resort was quiet, we were given a free upgrade to the junior suite which had its own private plunge pool and a sea view - beautiful.
The setting and ambience of the resort is breathtaking. Being nestled up in the hills the views over the harbour are beautiful. The car journey from Olbia airport was interesting, we got lost coming through Olbia, but once we were on track it was absolutely fine, even the dirt track on the run up to the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hidden refuge, naturally inspired. Hidden amongst the hills of San Pantaleo, overlooking the Costa Smeralda, Petra Segreta Resort offers the perfect combination of tranquil country charm with the five-star service of a Relais & Chateaux property. Nestled at the heart of five hectares of Mediterranean vegetation, amid essences of myrtle, mastic and juniper, the hotel offers an elegant club-house with welcoming rooms warmed in springtime by open fires, a bar with large windows overlooking the sea, restaurants Il Fuoco Sacro and L’Osteria del Mirto and, set a little apart, the wellness area and pool. The estate hosts 23 rooms and suites (including five with private heated pools) inspired by the traditional Gallura stazzi - the low, stone buildings typical of the region – and offering beautiful views over the La Maddalena archipelago. The interior design of the rooms and common areas creates peaceful spaces, with Sardinian ornaments set alongside souvenirs from trips to eastern lands ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Petra Segreta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petra Segreta Resort And Spa
- Petra Segreta Hotel San Pantaleo
- Petra Segreta Resort & Spa Sardinia/San Pantaleo