My partner and I stayed recently in the hotel during the summer.
First impressions- I had a really strange check-in experience, where I was essentially forgotten about mid-way through the process and was left to linger until I had to ask if I could go to the room. Noone met me upon arrival either, so I had to carry my bag up a hill to the Reception.
Food- excellent, albeit pricey. Amazing views.
F&B Staff- Attentive, but not overly.
Room- We paid over 600 euros a night for a room that was really subpar. It was tiny, and badly decorated. I believe we were also supposed to have a bathroom with a view- but there was only one tiny window. Also no full length mirror. I dread to think what our room would have been like if we had gone for a cheaper option.
The only amazing thing about it was the view. When we asked to change to what might be a bigger room, the Receptionist (I believe his name was Gianni) told us they were fully booked and couldn't move our room (he kept giving us dates he COULD move us, but naturally, they were much past our departure date). It left a terrible taste in our mouths when we saw that we were probably the only couple that stayed in the hotel consecutively the whole week- plus our week was from a Wednesday- a Wednesday- surely most people arrive on a Friday or Saturday, so I'm certain they could have accomodated us even after a few days.
Regardless, we spent a small fortune on the hotel, and really only spent 1 whole day out of 6 there. The pool is really nice, quiet and relaxing, but not necessarily worth it if you want to be at the beach every day. Better to stay closer to Porto Cervo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Relais & Chateaux Petra Segreta Luxury Resort & Spa - 23 rooms, 5- star is a Boutique Hotel located on the hills above San Pantaleo Village and facing the amazing La Maddalena Archipelago. Petra Segreta lies just behind the Costa Smeralda coastline, a world-renowned destination with its wonderful beaches and enchanting landscapes. In this Luxury Resort in Sardinia unspoiled nature and a unique view over the La Maddalena Archipelago create a perfect mix. A peaceful oasis just minutes away from the sparkling lifestyle of fashionable Porto Cervo and Porto Rotondo Villages. The rooms at Petra Segreta recall the ancient architecture of the traditional local small houses, perfectly blending into the natural landscape. A traditional Balinese hut hosts Wellness Treatments and Massages, in a charming and unique atmosphere. Petra Segreta is a preferred location for Italian Gourmet Cuisine created by Executive Chef Luigi Bergeretto, with its Restaurant featuring an amazing panoramic view from the nearby coastline to Corsica Island. Seasonal Opening: April to November. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Petra Segreta Luxury Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petra Segreta Resort And Spa
- Petra Segreta Hotel San Pantaleo
- Petra Segreta Luxury Resort & Spa Sardinia/San Pantaleo