6 people are viewing this hotel
Booking.comUS$1,160
Hotels.comUS$1,269
TravelocityUS$1,269
1,006 results
All reviews family holiday breakfast and dinner evening entertainment pools garden sardinia forte pizzeria fv sofia italians
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 January 2016

I have spent 3 weeks in July wth mu husband and 2 kids ( 6 and 7 at the time).
In my opinion one of the best family hotel in Europe. It has it all- location, food, facilities, entertainment and most of all - wonderful staff!
I would like personally thank GM - Marcello for taking such a wonderful care of us- extremely helpful and attentive! Renato - for always being there, helping and making us smile.
Matteo and all managers for everything involved with our stay.
I would recommend Castello to everyone who is looking for fantastic holidays.
Beach - great with attentive staff.
Restaurants- everything for everyone - from Italian classics to Brazilian meat.
Swimming pools- lovely and big.
Shops - great choice.
Entertainment- highlight of the resort - every night different show.
Kids club- fantastic ( I recommend Barbie academy)
Sport- loads of choices, my son loved his football!
Bike academy - great idea, with of my children learnt how to ride a bike!
Bowling and Gokarts- additional great attractions.
Overall fantastic holidays- we will be back for sure!

( and a little Forza Juve for Marcello!)

Room tip: see view with terrace!
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank bellagio31061
Marcello S, Direttore at Forte Village Resort - Il Castello, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2016

Dear Bellagio,
We are delighted to discover that you had such a good experience during your stay at our resort and that you were able to appreciate what makes the Forte Village so special. We would like to thank you for sharing your opinion on Trip Advisor and we really hope that we will have the pleasure to welcoming you back soon to Forte Village.

Forza Juve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 January 2016

This my family’s 6th time coming to Forte Village and the hotel as a whole stunningly maintains it’s high standards of quality. This time around we stayed at hotel Castello and greatly enjoyed the renovated rooms. The rooms, however, are not the main attraction at the Sardinian fortress. The greatest part of Forte Village, supplemented by the outstanding staff, is the all-encompassing and fantastically build entertainment network for the whole family.

Adults can enjoy more than 10 dining places with top class chefs (including Gordon Ramsey) and all kinds of different cuisines; the beautiful beachside with private sunbeds (better to reserve right upon arrival), scores of Watersport activities and an opportunity to buy souvenirs from local merchants; the marvelous spa center with a gym, saunas, steam rooms, pools, and a tea bar and plenty of rejuvenating procedures ranging from massages to special skin/body treatments; and the famous Piazza that situates a few shopping attractions and holds daily events such as dances, contests, and celebrity musician performances. For the sporty ones, there are two astroturf football (soccer) fields, 8 clay tennis courts, a calisthenics focused outdoor gym, an indoor gym (at the spa) and the opportunity to rent out all kinds of bicycles.

There is a similar astounding amount of entertainment for the children as well. There are three football (FC Chelsea), tennis and dance academies with children oriented sessions and led by professional coaches. To accommodate children of all ages, there is also a kid’s club (young ages), a cart racing track and a few arcade machines (teenagers), and a modern dance club (16+). At 19, though, I tremendously enjoyed getting to fly like Iron Man with the flyboard offered at the Watersport center.

The staff at Forte Village, as I mentioned, ties the package together to deliver an unforgettable experience. Managers, coaches, chefs, beach boys, waiters and everybody else do a fantastic job of service and maintain a positive, helpful and invigorating attitude. I would like to highlight the efforts of managers Raimondo Cabua, Marcello Spiga, and Nicola, who tirelessly made our holidays amazing each year!

As you can see there is a lot to do at Forte Village and it is truly superb fun! I would, however, mark down the review by a fraction because of the prices (although I'm not marking down a full point). Unfortunately yet understandably, the hotel takes advantage of its wealthy clientele and, as a result, charges ridiculously steep prices for pretty much everything. Of course, I am not one to underestimate the economics of running this castle but I find the prices mostly too high for european standards.

Room tip: Bargain for good rates! Given availability, you can always talk managers into giving you a more-less acceptable price.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank Temirlan N

Dear Termirlan,
We are pleased to know that you have had a very pleasant stay at the Forte Village and that you continue , year after year, to appreciate the charm and exclusivity of our resort. We are naturally very sorry to learn that the hight price has created an uncomfortable, even if minimal, feeling to your stay with us.
We would like to thank you for sharing your opinion on TripAdvisor and we really hope that we will have the pleasure to welcoming back soon to Forte Village. Best regards

Reviewed 16 January 2016

Visited in September, stayed at the Castello hotel. Nice hotel but I would give it 4* rather than 5*. On a fabulous beach but unfortunately we chose the only 3 days when the weather was horrendous, big waves etc! I'm sure It would be idyllic at other times. If you have children then this place is for you. Incredible array of facilities in the village, sports schools etc etc. Fantastic evening entertainment too, the band were amazing. Food at the Castello was buffet, and very good, I do prefer waiter service though. There were a number of other restaurants inc a Michelin star one. Very expensive though, that goes for everything, even the boutiques were all Gucci, Prada, Louis Vuitton etc etc that shows the type of clientele the hotel attracts. Once again if you have a family, and can afford to take the children, then do it as they for sure won't be disappointed!

Room tip: Sea View rooms higher floors with better views
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank stuarth692

Dear Stuart
many thanks for the fantastic review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.
We are all truly delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay and that the team gave you such a memorable experience.
We look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again very soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2015

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Castello when I went to Sardinia to race Challenge Sardinia (a middle distance triathlon event). We stayed for 3nights over a weekend in October. The resort was busy with tennis players and triathletes and meal times got a little busy. The hotel however catered for all food needs and the timings were flexible (important for any athlete). The room was big enough and had a balcony. The bathroom had a combined shower/ bath which we like. The TV was very old fashioned but work perfectly so we could watch the Rugby World Cup. The cleaning staff were excellent, fresh new towels each day and a very clean room. The cupboard space in the room was also plentiful. The location of the hotel is excellent, very close to the beautiful beach

Room tip: Room 114 was where we stayed, plenty of space and comes with a balcony!
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank KimberleyHF
Marcello S, Direttore at Forte Village Resort - Il Castello, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2015

Dear Kimberley,
I was very happy to learn that you and your husband had a very enjoyable Triathlon Challenge at Forte Village. We always look forward to receiving feedback from our guests, we strongly believe that the best way to improve service standards and guest satisfaction it is by listening to guest comments, and investing in training.

I really hope to have the chance to welcome you back here at Forte Village Hotel Castello in the future so you can see our improvements first hand.

I would like to thank you again for your comments and please be assured that your observations will be passed on to our team and given the maximum attention and consideration.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

was there for a conference but would be ideal for a sporty family holiday .....but everything did cost a lot 40 Euros for house wine, 6 euros for a Diet Coke etc.... Food was excellent but buffet style, not sure what else they offer, but fresh cooked steak and fish was nearly always on offer

Date of stay: October 2015
2  Thank Digs00

Dear,Digs00,
I was very happy to learn that you had a very enjoyable stay at Forte Village. We always look forward to receiving feedback from our guests, we strongly believe that the best way to improve service standards and guest satisfaction it is by listening to guest comments, and investing in training.