7 people are viewing this hotel
Hotel WebsiteUS$1,272
Hotels.comUS$1,269
TravelocityUS$1,269
1,006 results
All reviews family holiday breakfast and dinner evening entertainment pools garden sardinia forte pizzeria fv sofia italians
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We are staying at this hotel now and I have to say I am severely disappointed in what you get for the price. I am sad to see how many people consider this a 5 star resort when there are places that are so much better elsewhere in the world (maybe its too far to fly to the Caribbean?) and would probably cost less overall even with the flight there. I'll continue this review with a pros and cons list.

Pros:
-Overall hotel is beautiful, rooms clean, setting beautiful with mountains in the background
-Nice beach
-Service is decent, although I wouldn't call it five star.
-Favorite part was our sliding floor to ceiling glass door in the room to our patio- love little details like that
-Food isn't the worst I've had, but for the money I expected better.

Cons:
-They make you pay for EVERYTHING. Transport from the airport is $70 per person round trip
-No iron or boards in the room... have to pay them to iron your clothes for you.
-This place is massively huge- and there are bikes to rent to get around but cost €25 per day
-PEOPLE SELLING ITEMS ON THE BEACH- this is by far my biggest annoyance- i got woken up from a nap several times by a man dangling goods at my feet trying to sell them to me. I ended up leaving the beach and going back to my room because of this unpleasant experience.
-Returned to my room to find the floor soaking wet and that housekeeping had taken the fruit I brought for lunches (lunch is not included in your stay).
-Not impressed with the food, like I said it's not the worst I've had, but I've been to less expensive resorts where the buffets were massive with gorgeous displays of food and unlimited alcohol (alcohol is also not included in your stay). This food was just, meh.
-At breakfast, pigeons were literally on my table eating my food- and the guests were feeding them so they continued to do this.
-Basic massages at the spa are €139 for 50 minutes... the most expensive price for the service I've ever seen.

I'm sorry if this review sounded negative and nit-picky. This is a beautiful place, but considering I've been to places in the Caribbean and Mexico that give you a swim-up suite with a jacuzzi tub that include LITERALLY ALL FOOD/DRINK/ACTIVITIES... along with a private concierge for $300/night for the both of us... you can understand where I'm coming from. I'm not sure where all the money goes at this place... but y'all need to check out the Caribbean islands!! They know how it's done!

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank NaomiC1171
ManagerFVR, Manager at Forte Village Resort - Il Castello, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Dear Naomi C,
Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your stay.
We continually strive to improve the hospitality we offer and we make good use of the suggestions from our guests, which are always welcome.
At the moment we are in conctact with your husband in order to resolve the issues you raised and we are doing our best to make your return stay most enjoyable.
We hope that you will consider returning to the Forte Village in the future and allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves.
Thank you again for taking the time to review our Resort.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 October 2017

We had a excellent time and we would recommend it to all of are friends,everything about the place and the gardens is amazing. You don't need to worry about the children, it's a very safe resort and we will certainly be returning there in the near future.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank A4861INmarkt
ManagerFVR, Manager at Forte Village Resort - Il Castello, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Mark T,

Reviewed 28 September 2017

The food is excellent, staff are always very professional, very polite and very helpful and very friendly. You can completely relax. Weather is excellent. It has a wide range of activities for absolutely everyone of all age ranges.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank sarahsH7925YW
ManagerFVR, Manager at Forte Village Resort - Il Castello, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Dear sarahsH7925YW,

We are delighted that you enjoyed such a good experience during your stay at our resort. We try to make Forte Village special so we really appreciate your comments. We would like to thank you for sharing your opinion on Trip Advisor and we really hope that we will have the pleasure to welcoming you back soon to Forte Village.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

We had a memorable stay at Forte Village. The kids loved it! The park itself is just perfect. Only drawback is the location: Sardinia is quite big so in the direct vicinity of the park there is not much to do other than visit a few beaches. You need a (rental) car.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Randam,

We are delighted that you enjoyed such a good experience during your stay at our resort. We try to make Forte Village special so we really appreciate your comments, and it’s a pleasure to hear that your kids love to be here.

Marcello Spiga, Hotel Il Castello Manager

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Excellent hotel, beautiful location but drinks and food could be more reasonable.

The buffet for dinner was excellent with great choice of food and service was very good, however breakfast was disappointing at times as the waiters and waitresses seemed to be must less efficient.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ManagerFVR, Manager at Forte Village Resort - Il Castello, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Dear shart555,
Greetings from the Forte Village!
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our resort and that you appreciated the location, the gastronomic offer for dinner.
However, we do regret to learn that drinks and the breakfast did not completely meet your expectations.
We would like to assure you that we have already shared your comments internally.