This is the perfect place if you want a relaxing and pampering vacation. The resort grounds are very extensive, and even though it was full, it never felt crowded. There are various pools (salt water - I personally would have wished for one pool with clear water) and several small beaches and coves, some very secluded, but still with all the facilities (beach chairs, drinks, etc.). We traveled with our 2 kids aged 7 and 10 and stayed in the Mirtilla Junior Suite. It is very spacious and had two sofa beds for the kids. Nice Sardinian decor. The food is very good, the staff very friendly. We spent one evening at the Sardinian restaurant "Li Cuisoni", outstanding experience (at an extra charge if you have booked half board but it was totally worth it). The mini club has lots of activities for all ages and we sometimes did not see our kids for half a day as they were so busy and happy at the club. Staff at the club is excellent and they speak several languages.
On the downside, it do believe the hotel is totally overpriced. Though the prices are definitely those of a 5 stars hotel, I would rate the service and resort overall as a good 4 stars. A couple of small things bothered us, such as the unusable wifi connection (you would have to ask for a new code daily and reenter the code every time you would like to access the internet - total nightmare). I was also disappointed the gym came at an extra charge.
Overall the resort is great for families. But I don't think I would go back there without the kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort Valle dell’Erica. The Resort of your dreams. Valle dell’Erica is situated to the north of Palau, on the borders of the National Park of the Archipelago of La Maddalena, right opposite the fascinating uninhabited island of Spargi. It is situated 4 km from the charming village of Porto Pozzo, with its small tourist port and shops and just 12 km from S.Teresa di Gallura, a well-known tourist destination in northern Sardinia facing the Straits of Bonifacio. The first part of Valle dell’Erica, the first tourist village constructed in Sardinia, was built in 1958 (a period when it was still possible to build a few metres from the sea) by the owner of the valley, a pioneer of tourism in Sardinia. Thanks to the fascination of the area and the high quality of the structure built – indeed it received a special mention from the President of the Republic – Valle dell’Erica during the sixties became a very stylish, sought-after venue, and indeed numbered princes and kings among its guests. In 2005 it was completely refurbished by Delphina which by showing respect for the splendid natural environment surrounding it and thus in harmony with the style of the original village chosen by its founder, transformed it into a resort equipped with all modern comforts, the aim being to offer something which has become somewhat rare, that is the emotion of a truly natural holiday (as in days gone by) but also in an exclusive setting. The Resort can boast of a truly unique, unrepeatable position, a few metres from a splendid white sand bay and rocks moulded by wind and weather, in natural scenery which is among the most beautiful in Sardinia. Thanks to its extensive spaces, privacy is always guaranteed, and its numerous small bays accessible on foot, its romantic rooms with panoramic verandas, the warm atmosphere of its Thalasso and Spa Center and the services offered by its skilled staff, ensure it is a true oasis of relaxation and pleasure for couples. The Resort is also an ideal choice for family groups; indeed it has large, secure green and garden areas where the kids can play without disturbing the adults, a large, well-equipped mini club and a splendid kids’ pool. Apart from the beauty of the sea and the breathtaking views, it offers an exceptional sea water pool just a few metres from the sea and an outstanding Thalasso & Spa Centre. After dinner, in the Resort’s Plaza, there are entertaining shows with live music and various different events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Resort Valle Dell'Erica Thalasso & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resort Valle Dell`Erica Thalasso And Spa
- Resort Valle Dell`Erica Thalasso Hotel Santa Teresa Di Gallura
- Hotel Valle Dell Erica
- Valle Dell Erica Hotel
- Resort Valle Dell'Erica Thalasso & Spa Sardinia/Santa Teresa Gallura