Hotel Sa Contonera
US$94
Il Vecchio Mulino(Arbatax)(Great Value!)
US$73
Agoda.com
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsrecommend this hotelboat tripsapoolbeachesreception
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Sardinia is not a place for me. Accordingly, this review is written trying to be objective about the hotel and not the place.

The hotel appears relatively new. It is very clean and the staff as helpful as they can be. the rooms are a good size and well appointed. Some rooms have no balcolnies, some small ones (that you can stand on) and some large ones. I can't fault the cleanliness of the hotel.

The garden areas are kept beautiful and the pool area is private and the pool crystal clean. We spent most of our days sitting by the pool and it was really nice. there is plenty of parking and there is a restaurant at the hotel that has a good range of food. The rooms have fridges and aircon but the latter didn't work. I have a feeling they disarm it during certain months. There are no kettles in the rooms; I went to the superstore and bought one for 9 euros.

My major gripe (and this is not the hotel's fault): motorbikes. Sardinia is overrun by motorbikes; people come here to ride their bikes up and down the winding mountain roads. Riders cannot help but rev their bikes and roar down roads. The noise is deafening. There is a road that runs parallel to the hotel and bikes scream up and down the road. My whole body used to tense as my ears were physically hurt by the relentless noise. I hated it. Really hated it.

If you're going to stay here and you'll be out most of the day it may not be a problem. If you are gong to book a room choose one that does not overlook the road. I suspect the other rooms will still expose you to outrageously loud bike noise but they must be better than one on the side of the road.

Room Tip: If you are gong to book a room choose one that does not overlook the road. I suspect the other rooms will still expose you to outrageously loud bike noise but they must be better than one on the side of the road.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OlafB
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I only have good words about this hotel. Beautifully designed and decorated. Spacious and well equipped rooms. My room had an amazing terrace with really confortable easy chairs. The hotel is located next to the road that connects Tortoli to Arbatax. If your room faces the opposite side you will not hear any noise but if it it does not I guess you will hear some rumble. Nice and large enough swimming pool. Kind and helpful staff. The only fault I found is breakfast. It's a little poor. But that was something insignificant compared with the beautiful experience my wife and I had in this hotel.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2012

So the best is the pool!! said my child after 5 days coastindìg orosei and around .

room celean and confortable, nice breakfast on poolside!!

and the best vale, cost/qulality!!

Good trasport around coas, from port you go to the best beaches of sardinia!!!

The goog and the best together

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Went for lunch with the family, lunch was fantastic, service excellent. Would stop for food again

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2010

We stayed at Hotel Sa Contonera and we enjoyed our stay very much. The hotel is modern and elegant. Our room was beautiful, large, clean and with a big balcony. The breakfast was good and the pool was nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel has a free internet access and a free private parking. We would stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple