“Charming little hotel with decent comfort”
Review of Hotel Clelia

Hotel Clelia
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Ustica
Reviewed 7 August 2012

On an island in Sicily you are basically looking for a clean hotel room with airco and a good shower. This is well provided at the Clelia, and in a nice way! The staff is, as other reviews point out, all very welcoming and supportive, even the cleaning lady!

The only weak spot of the rooms are their thin walls, so don't expect absolute peace and quiet - but is that what you are looking for in Sicily?

The location is perfect, directly in the center!

We also had an excellent dinner at the restaurant with great fish dishes!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 September 2011

we recenrly stayed 4 nights in Clelia and the staff , Ester in particular were very friendly and helpful making the stay an enjoyable one.However the rooms were not of a 3star standard the carpet on the room floor didnt look particularly appealing and the shower room and room decor in need of serious updating. I think there are better accommodations to had on the island but overal the friendliness of the staff was excellent .

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We recently spent 2 nights at the Hotel Clelia in Ustica (Aug-11), and were thoroughly delighted with it. The rooms are clean, the restaurant is very good indeed and Antonina's home-made ice-cream the best we have ever tasted. (Ask for her pistaccio - wonderful!).
The staff were very wam and helpful too.
Probably the best hotel nthe island.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DPara01
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Just what you wantwhen you have been travelling for a while. friendly and helpful. Hot water in the shower, spotless clean rooms, and staff that care. Breakfast room overlooking the med with yummy apple cake

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank godmarks
Reviewed 12 September 2010

This is a nice hotel in Ustica.

My only issue was that they tried to charge me their own rate for a room despite me booking it via booking.com at a separate price.

It literally took me to go through the Italian paperwork from booking.com highlighting the facts before they accepted the price.

Nice breakfast though.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Claire M
Reviewed 24 August 2010

I have been at the Clelia Hotel with my partner for a weekend. We both are quite demanding clients when it comes to hotels and restaurants as we travel a lot. The Hotel Clelia staff offered us an excellent service: attention for the details, customer care, very clean and nice rooms, free shuttle to/from the port, great breakfast and restaurant.
If I should go to Ustica again I would definitely choose the Hotel Clelia again and I will recommend it to my friends.
If I should give some suggestions to the hotel staff, beyond all my compliments, I would suggest to remove the carpet from the rooms, to use double mattresses in the double rooms, and to open the windows during breakfast instead of using the air conditioning. However, as I wrote, they really know how to make their job, so the overall rating is excellent.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2008

We stayed at Hotiel Clelia for two nights on our honeymoon trip around Sicily. We really enjoyed our stay and had a great time exploring Ustica.

The hotel is just off the main square, and they turned up to pick us up from the port which was much appreciated.

The room was quite large, very clean and modern. The bed was really comfy, and the bathroom was clean adequate.

The breakfast was good, typical continental brekkie - breads, pastries, jam, cereal etc. It was served in the upstairs open air restaurant which was lovely.
There was also free internet for guests.

Only downside was that I used the phone to phone Palermo for about one minute, and they charged us 5 euros for the pleasure! Weren't happy about this, but as we don't speak Italian and they don't speak English there didn't seem to be much we could do about it.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)