“My favorite Sushi in Richmond, VA”
Review of Osaka Sushi

Osaka Sushi
Ranked #157 of 1,603 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Montpelier, Virginia
“My favorite Sushi in Richmond, VA”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I have eaten here MANY times since it was first opened. Consistently fresh and tasty Sushi. It's my go-to place for Sushi. They have a great atmosphere, an intimate little bar area, and a Sushi bar to sit at and watch the masters work. I prefer to go with 3-6 friends and order multiple dishes and share. The service is always good and I have never had a bad meal or bad experience there.

Visited July 2012

“Very poor service”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

This is my the second bad experience at Osaka. I waited a year before returning only to be disappointed again. My party and I arrived for lunch at Noon. The restaurant was only about half full. We were promptly seated but that ws where the service ended. Our waiter was clearly unfamiliar with th menu. Returned to our table twice saying he did not know what we ordered. 30 minutes later the wrong orders for two of the three of us were placed on our table. Then they were taken away after which we waited another 30 minutes before food appeared. Very frustrating and noone seemed to care. The staff behind the sushi bar watched all of this unfold and did nothing but whisper back and forth between themselves...wish they had given us a heads up to leave before we ordered...the first time.

• Visited August 2012
“good food/nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

we have been to osaka's maybe 12-15 times and we have always had good, tasty sushi and rolls. we usually come to the happy hour that is monday-friday, 4-7pm and sit at the bar where they have a selected bar menu and a reduction on price for wines and beer. the bar is pleasant and spacious; sometimes it is noisy and sometimes it is a bit quiet. the happy hour rolls are really good and i think better than the other two sushi places near it which also have happy hour menus. i can't ever remembered being disappointed in dining @osaka's.

• Visited July 2012
RICHTC
“Always great!”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Osaka is one of our favorite restaurants. They have the most creative rolls and freshest fish in the city. Their cooked food is also great, particularly the lamb chops. The service has always been good for us but make a reservation as it gets crowded. This is also a very good restaurant to take business clients.

• Visited January 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“One of the better sushi options in Richmond ...”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Richmond is not a sushi mecca but we've gotten a pretty good influx of new sushi restaurants in past ten years which is a good thing. One of the better sushi places in town, nice ambience with good selection of fresh fish and price on par with other better sushi places. The steak was a bit salty last time I tried it. Tempora and noodle dishes are fine. Their lunch bento is a good deal.

• Visited December 2011