“Nice and Convenient to Most Major Routes”

SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest
Ranked #22 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Holly Springs, North Carolina
“Nice and Convenient to Most Major Routes”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Picked a hotel in this area because I like to avoid I-95 through the middle of Richmond. Hotel near I-64, I-295,US 250, and VA 288. Lots of places to eat and shop nearby too. This hotel seems to be a slightly older version of Spring Hill suites than some I have stayed in, ie only one TV in a two bed room with sitting/office area. Seems well maintained though. The indoor pool and hot tub were smallish but nicee and clean. Very friendly welcome at the front desk. Breakfast included, and does have some hot food items available. Only possible down side was that I did not care for the pillows, they seemed more like a sack of feathers to me. Would definitely stay again though.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
shsrichmondnwgm s, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at our Springhill Suites Richmond Northwest.

I am pleased to hear that you find our location so convenient for ease of getting around town with out the hassle of I-95 traffic. It sounds like you were also able to enjoy some of the shopping and restaurants that are so close by.

And thank you for sharing something we could improve upon as well, we are actually in the process of upgrading our pillows in all of the guest rooms.

We look forward to having you stay with us again. With new pillows in place, you will have a perfect stay!

Jonathan Brashier

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 6 March 2013

On the plus side -- very comfortable bed; fairly large room; spacious bathroom; microwave and mini-fridge; good free breakfast; right next to a Cracker Barrel restaurant, with another restaurant (O'Charleys) also quite close.

On the slightly negative side -- perhaps the most strangely laid-out hotel room I've ever stayed in. To give the sense of being a "suite," a wall has been stuck between the "living room" and the "bedroom." It only extends about 2/3 of the distance across, however, so there is no actual separation that would allow for privacy -- no door to close or anything like that. Instead, there is a set of drawers that extends partway into the bedroom area and partway into the living room area. On top of the drawers is a TV set that swivels -- if you are in bed, you turn it toward the bed; if you are on the living room couch, you turn it toward the couch, but you can never look at the screen directly, head-on. Plus, by putting the drawers in the passageway between the bedroom and the livingroom, the designers have only left a very narrow (foot-and-a-half) corridor to walk from bedroom to livingroom.

Still, despite this off-putting example of poor design, which causes a fairly large room to feel needlessly cramped, I thought the SpringHill Suites was a good value, and I'm glad we chose it.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments about our Springhill Suites Richmond Northwest.

I am so happy that overall, you felt that our hotel was a good value and that you enjoyed your stay.

Also, thank you for the feedback concerning the layout of the room. While our rooms are certainly spacious, clean and comfortable, I understand that some folks are expecting two separate rooms when the term "suite" is used.

Thank you again for taking time out of your day to share your thoughts. We appreciate you as our guest, and hope that you will choose us again, when travels bring you to Richmond.

Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This is a clean hotel with spacious rooms. My whole family slept comfortably. The hotel was quiet, offered plenty of parking, and easy to find. It was a short drive to downtown Richmond. We loved being next to Cracker Barrel and opted not to eat the free breakfast. The pool and gym are small but well maintained. I would return anytime I need to spend a few nights in Richmond.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
I was thrilled to read your wonderful review of our Springhill Suites Richmond Northwest.

It is so rewarding to hear from our guest, especially when I can take the news back to our team and celebrate our successes with them.

Every member of our team takes pride in their work to make sure we are always ready for our guests!

Sounds like you have found your home away from home when travels bring you to Richmond VA.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Jonathan and Team Richmond
Fairfax, VA
Reviewed 13 February 2013

The hotel looks new and updated. Check in was a breeze. I checked in late. The lady mentioned all places to eat nearby.

Room was clean. The working desk was enough space for laptop and personal items. The bed was very comfortable

Breakfast was good too

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking time to share your feedback about your stay at our Springhill Suites Richmond Northwest.

I absolutely love it when guests share about their experience with us, and it sounds like our team was able to meet your expectations. I will certainly take your kind words back and share them with the hardworking folks at our hotel who make it happen everyday for our guest.

We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next trip to Richmond.

Barrington, RI
Reviewed 21 January 2013

The Hotel is new and updated so it's clean, but the rooms and hotel seem to be poorly laid out. When you enter the hotel there is a huge table to the right which is the breakfast room (free breakfast) where people sit and drink and eat but you feel like your walking through someone's dining room to check in. The rooms are are terribly laid out. It's like they took a 15 x 15 room and randomly threw walls up in attempt to make a suite. No thought into where someone might need an outlet either. Heater is loud. For a clean stay yes, for a business stay, think again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking a few moments out of your day to share your feedback about your stay in Richmond. I am afraid that based upon your comments about the breakfast area, large table and feeling like you are "walking through someone's dining room" to check in, that perhaps you have reviewed the wrong hotel. There are actually two Springhill Suites in Richmond and the description sounds like the lobby at the other hotel. Thank you for sharing how clean and well maintained the hotel was, and I will be happy to pass along your remarks to the General Manager of that hotel. We hope that next time travels bring you to the Richmond area, you might have an opportunity to stay at our hotel on the Northwest side of town. Our lobby is open, spacious and we certainly have a dedicated space for our guests to enjoy their breakfast.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 29 December 2012

My family of 4 stayed here from Dec 23-26. From Arrival the desk agents were courteous and friendly. The chief engineer inquired about our stay as well. The room was great and full of space. I liked how the tv was set away from the beds, as to let whoever wanted to sleep early not be bothered by the tv. The breakfast was first class, with everything you could ask for. Its also close to downtown Richmond. I will stay here when my travels return me to Richmond!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ben J
Virginia
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We recently stayed at this property and were very pleased. The room was spacious though a little strangely configured with lots of angles. The bed was comfortable as was the other furniture in the suite. Loved having a separate seating area which was a great place to visit with family.
The staff was wonderful, the pool refreshing and the breakfast very adequate.
The only negative was the noise. We could hear people walking over us and at one point something was dropped or hit and the wall shook.The next time we stay there we will request a room on the top floor.Problem solved!

Room Tip: Request a top floor room.