“Nice Casual Hotel”

Ranked #18 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Fairfax, Virginia
“Nice Casual Hotel”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed here in July for a soccer tournament. Very close to West Creek fields if this is the reason for your stay. Hotel was very clean, beds were comfy, rooms large and pretty sound proof (we could not hear people in the hallway). The staff were all pleasant and everyone said hello! They had an above average complimentary breakfast and it was well stocked. There were not many options for walking to restaurants (there was a Cracker Barrel and Starbucks) but if you have a car there are several options within a few minutes.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Mt. Olive, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I recently stayed at the Springhill Suites Richmond NW with my family. What a wonderful hotel. Clean as could be. Well appointed. The room was spacious and well designed. My two older children enjoyed a night swim. Plus this is convenient to many restaurants in the area. This is several miles off of I-95 and that is a good thing. The area appears to be nice and I felt comfortable walking around outside. Kudos to the management of this establishment.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
auburn ny
Reviewed 2 July 2013

On a recent wedding trip we stayed 3 nights in a Holiday inn Express, 2 nights at Springhill Suites. Even though they weren’t in the same location, I’m offering a comparison between the two, as they are similarly priced hotels. Here goes:

Room: There were 5 of us (4 adults, 4 yr old). Both rooms had 2 beds (Queen in HIE, Doubles in SS, plus a sofa bed. The SS had a better divider between the sofa area and the bed area, and was a larger room. Advantage (slight) to SS. Bathroom: I like SS’s having the sink outside the toilet/shower area; allows 2 people to use facilities at once. Pool: Larger pool at HIE, but SS had a hot tub also, and an outside sitting area next to the pool (Both pools were inside). Advantage SS. Breakfast: Slight advantage to HIE, although I was told by a staff member that SS was changing their breakfast the week we left and adding more selections. Beds: I slept better at SS; other 3 adults liked HIE’s bedding better. Amenities: SS provided a few extra items fir the bath area,; slight advantage. Cleanliness: both rate a Ten, no problems.

All that being said, I think both properties were worth revisiting, but I have to say more about Springhill Suites. Both hotels had excellent service and friendly staff, but SS went above and beyond friendliness – possibly the friendliest staff of any hotel I ever stayed at. Example: a gentleman working the breakfast area saw a little girl trying to make hot chocolate with no idea how. He showed her how to get the hot eater, showed her the mix, gave her a spoon to stir it. All while taking his time from his busy schedule. The next morning the woman working that area took tie to tell me of their changes coming to the breakfast area. A truly outstanding staff in my opinion.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Wilmington, NC
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My 48 voice youth choir and 10 adult chaperones recently stayed at this Springhill Suites. It was a lovely, clean hotel with great service. Everyone was very accomodating, especially Tricia, our group sales associate. She allowed us to use the breakfast area after hours for a short meeting, and started breakfast for us 30 minutes early so we could catch a train on time. (It was about 15 minutes from the Amtrak Staples Mill Station). Some of the kids swam in the small but clean pool and used the hot tub and enjoyed it. It shares a parking lot with a Cracker Barrel, although the free breakfast was great. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any families or groups staying in the Richmond area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Inwood, West Virginia, Usa
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I stayed here one night on my way home from a vacation and a visit to the Museum of the Confederacy. The staff at the desk were friendly and welcoming and allowed me to inspect the room before checking in. The hotel is very clean and welcoming, the room very comfortable (although the beds in these hotels are too hard for my taste), the location convenient and quiet. The only downside was that there was a lot of noise in the hallway late in the evening and the person upstairs was walking around quite a bit. The next day at breakfast I saw that a girls' softball team had checked in so that explained it. Overall, a great choice for a tired traveler.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
CT
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Stay here and you cant go wrong. Very convenient hotel with access to the Interstate 64 and very close to every type of food and gas location. There is a cracker barrel right next door if the free breakfast does not suit you. The rooms are very good and all these types of hotel have that extension where you can sit on a sofa or nice chair and watch tv or do work at a desk vs. sitting in one bedroom area. . The concept is very good. The woman who takes care of the breakfast area downstairs is so nice and pleasant its worth the trip just to go and talk to her for a minute to start your day off right. Hopefully management has recognized and appreciated her in the past and future. Hotels who have a person (an ambassador not just of he hotel but of the Richmond area) like her should be thankful.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank CtFamilyman
Virginia
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed at this hotel last month while on a business trip. The property is convenient to I64 and the staff were friendly. The property, however, is a bit dated and I was surprised that the breakfast area was not better maintained. A lot of items were not stocked (e.g. milk, yogurt, coffee creamer), tables had not been wiped off, and the food area, in general, was untidy. I was surprised there were not more food options - most SpringHill Suites offer a variety of hot and cold items. My family and I have always had good experiences with SpringHill Suites, but I would have to say I was a bit disappointed this go around.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
shsrichmondnwgm s, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
First of all, I wanted to thank you for choosing our Springhill Suites Richmond Northwest while you were in town for business last month. Thank you so much for mentioning that our staff was so friendly and that you found our location convenient.

I was disappointed to hear that your overall experience at breakfast did not meet your needs and left you with a less than perfect impression of our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies and rest assured I will take a closer look at our breakfast operation.

We serve a wide selection of both hot and cold items each and everyday. I would love an opportunity to learn more about your experience if you wouldn't mind reaching out to me via phone or email.

It is from our guest taking time to share their feedback that we can continuously improve.

Warm Regards,