“Nice hotel, cold pool”

Ranked #23 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Norfolk
“Nice hotel, cold pool”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is our second time at this property- we stayed here about this time last year. The hotel is still very neat, clean and tidy... The staff were very friendly and helpful. I was a little surprised at the sound insullation... we were on the first floor, and the night we were there, two large groups used the breakfast area for meals/gatherings that got quite loud... you went out into th ehallway, and you could hear the din all the way down to the end... but inside the room, you heard nothing. THAT was awesome. In the morning, you would never have known there were two parties in the breakfast room the night before... everything was neat and clean and ready for the day.
The pool area was clean- much better than last time, and the hot tub was a good temperature, but the pool was frigid. What is the point of having an indoor pool if you are not going to keep it warm enough to swim in?
Bed linens and towels were in good shape. We needed more towels, and a stop at the desk had them delivered in minutes. Beds were comfortable.

Overall, it was quite nice...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We came for a weekend shopping excape; had a slight problem and couldn't find anyone in charge. The employees were very nice, but told us that there was no manager at the hotel and they could not get an answer for us. It seemed rather strange, that there was no one in charge, but everything worked out. We will go back if we need to stay in Richmond.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jvw882
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed 21 October 2013

One of the best hotel experiences I've had! Staff was very friendly and helpful, room was clean and comfortable. The room was divided in a way so you have a "separate" living space, bedroom, and bathroom. Even a mini kitchen with a sink, fridge, and microwave. Bathroom was spacious but my husband said the tub wouldn't hold water. Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was delicious with various options of food. Lots of dining options close to the hotel, the front desk even had a complimentary listing of what was nearby. I will definitely be looking to stay at this chain more often when I travel!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I stayed here to attend my nieces wedding. I was very happy. The room was a nice size, clean and comfortable. A breakfast was included and that was fantastic. There were choices of juices, cereal, oatmeal, breads, fruit, yogurts, waffles and eggs. The 2 days I was there they had sausage or breakfast potatoes also. The staff kept the food filled and the dining area clean. I normally would have gone to the Cracker Barrel but had no need to as I was quite satisfied.

I asked the front desk if the wedding location was very far and they actually printed out directions for us. I can't say enough about how wonderful this stay was.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Near I-64 highway, near Short Pump Mall, or Costco, Broad Street and area, easy access to any place in Richmond. Good weekend stay for very reasonable price. Breakfast is included and is sufficient. The rooms are clean, w microwaves, refrigerator, coffee maker, suite has fold out sofa bed in a sitting area. Breakfast room has a computer w internet for guests use, front area has a few minor stains on carpet but management told me they are getting totally redecorated in April 2014. Too bad as we will be using it again in March.
Swimming pool and exercise room.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This is my hotel of choice when I'm in the Richmond area visiting friends. It's reasonably priced, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff is very friendly.

The hotel includes a free breakfast buffet with pastries, cereal, oatmeal and toppings, scrambled eggs and turkey sausage. During this stay I noticed for the first time that the serving utensils with the breakfast options were measuring spoons which is a nice feature if you are nutrition conscious and trying to control portion sizes.

The fitness center is small - two treadmills and an elliptical, but it's never crowded and the front desk has a supply of headphones if you forget yours - like I did on this visit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank StacyInDC2012
Centerville, Ohio
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We were in Richmond for a family reunion and "discovered" this hotel in an excellent location, right off I-64 and only a block from Broad St., a major street that goes through the heart of Richmond. The shopping, businesses, and restaurants to the west of our hotel on Broad St. were numerous and first class all the way. The hotel had a "Discovery Map" of Richmond (also see www.discoverymap.com) which is a colorful, "cartoon-like" map of all the major sites and buildings in town, showing all the major streets. With this map, we were able to do a fantastic, self-guided tour of Richmond and enjoy every minute of the tour. The hotel itself is a typical SpringHill Suites, clean and with friendly staff . . . but for us the location was everything !!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family