“"Nice Place! ☆☆☆☆ "”

Ranked #21 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Reidsville, North Carolina
“"Nice Place! ☆☆☆☆ "”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

First time staying at a Spring Hill Hotel. Staff was friendly, Rooms were spacious, Bathroom was clean.The only thing that stopped me from giving a 5 was the walls are thin..next time I will ask for a room on the top floor.Other than that I will definitely stay here again.:)

• Stayed August 2014
shsrichmondnwgm s, Manager at SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We here at the Springhill relish in opportunities to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Be sure to request a high floor room next time so that we can help assure your ultimate satisfactory experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Egham
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel was quite nice and reception staff are friendly. There are a few restaurants close by. The actual room was quite small but there was a lounge area. The bed was quite comfortable. The bathroom was OK and the washbasin was in the bedroom area. Breakfast was good. The room wasn't cleaned very well.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hevsy
shsrichmondnwgm s, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I will be following up with housekeeping in regards to your comment.
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The hotel is clean and located right beside a breakfast restaurant. It is in a good location near Short Pump mall and near lots of shopping and restaurants. The staff was friendly and the rooms were spacious. There is free wi-fi that worked well. We didn't make it to the free breakfast. The beds were not so comfortable. I didn't sleep well the first night, and woke up with a crick in my neck the second night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
shsrichmondnwgm s, Manager at SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
We're very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you staying with us. We strive to be as accommodating as we can to our guests. We hope you give our beds another chance or allow us the opportunity to make sure we find the right one for you. Thanks again.
baltimore
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my AAU team for camp at VCU. We were about 15 mins from the canpus. Great area, breakfast was ok. But all in all a great hotel. The night clerk was excellent and resourceful. I had 10 16 yr old boys that I had to manage.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
The pleasure was all ours. We enjoyed having you and your boys stay with us. Be sure to come back soon. :-)
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The walls are paper thin. We could hear the folks above us and next to us, making it difficult to get to bed. This is my biggest complaint as I like a quiet hotel.

The photos of the gym and pool online (from several different websites including here) are fake. They look nothing like they're portrayed. The exercise room is significantly smaller than pictured and the pool was as well.

Overall, I'm fairly disappointed in the hotel and wish we'd stayed at the Hampton Inn down the street. Next time we visit Richmond, we won't be staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room...maybe the top floor so you can't hear anyone next to you. Request if you...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank zarakand
I am writing to extend my apologies for the problems that arose during your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott.

It is apparent from your comments that the level of service we provided was not acceptable. I thank you for taking the time to inform me of these issues. I assure you the information you left has been communicated to the appropriate department to prevent this from happening in the future.
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 20 June 2014

If we were ever in this area again we'd definitely stay here. The decor is pleasing, the room clean, the bed very comfortable. The only area we felt needed attention was the small space for the breakfast buffet items. Every staff person we encountered was friendly and helpful. Staff would even inquire about my husband who was recovering from a respiratory infection. We inquired about the closest dealership for our car so we could get it in for a needed oil change. Don, the hotel's chief engineer called the dealership he uses to arrange for us to get our car in, led me there and drove me back to the hotel. How helpful can you get!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nicole F
We are very happy we could be of assistance. Each member of our staff is committed to your satisfaction not just while you are with us, but for as long as we can be of service. We hope your husband's doing well. Be sure to see us again soon.
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were a family of 8. I booked two rooms for a long weekend. Each room had two double beds and a full size food out sofa. The property is newer so everything is up to date. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. The indoor pool was small but adquate and the hot tob was a nice feature. They serve a full hot and cold breakfast that is complimentary. Overall the food was good with the exception of the eggs. They were not real eggs and tasted like flavored rubber. The breakfast area was very crowded and somewhat chaotic. Overall we had an enjoyable stay and would probably consider this hotel on a future visit to the area.

Room Tip: The rooms are basically the same.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Joe T
There's no greater reward than a guest left happy. We're very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your feedback. Hope to see you again soon. :-)