“Go to Diner, especially for weekend breakfast”
Review of City Diner

City Diner
Ranked #192 of 1,632 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Great breakfast, fast service, and good location. This is a great place for an inexpensive breakfast. It can be busy, but worth the wait.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

In Richmond from out of town and it's the day after our Thanksgiving feast. We're driving up Broad Street wishing we could find a local diner for breakfast, when much to our wondering eyes should appear... CITY DINER! The stars must have been aligned because this place is the best. Fast and friendly service. Loads of choices for breakfast, brunch, or lunch. And it looks and feels like a diner should! Full of locals and tourists alike. My grilled corned beef eggs Benedict were yummy. And dining partners's selections left all satisfied and pleased with their orders. Don't pass up the fried apples--a treat.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Great menu, great staff, great tasting food. The coffee kept coming. We were travelling through Richmond, and had an early breakfast here. No wait for a table (though it was Monday morning). The place is well decorated and it is very clean. Has an open kitchen so you can see that the kitchen is clean as well. I got the biscuit with sausage gravy and it was wonderful. Tasted fresh and perfect.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

I always have a great breakfast here. The waitstaff works as hard as I've seen; it is a small place that fills quickly and there's usually a line on the weekends. I live about 100 miles away but I get here often enough that although they don't know me by name, they kinda recognize me, which is nice. Fast and friendly, the servers keep things moving but sometimes the coffee refills do get skipped when the place is crowded. No biggie for me; if you flag them down they will oblige you with a warm-up. The prices are reasonable for RVA and the portions are large...try the Strawberry & Broad. Along with the bustling atmosphere, you'll get used to the clang-clang-clang of the guy on the grill after you're there awhile! Great diner food...breakfast & lunch, they are only open till 2PM.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

This is a classic diner with a great diner breakfast. My family and I went immediately following early morning Easter service and were able to get a table right away; however, the diner is small and I can see how easily a wait could develop. The atmosphere was relaxed and easy going and it was clear to see that they have many regular customers.

The food tasted great and came out quickly. I loved the camaraderie displayed among the City Diner staff as well. If ever in Richmond and feeling like some diner fare I would recommend City Diner!