“Good smell, bland taste”

The Halligan Bar and Grill
Ranked #140 of 1,603 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Richmond, Virginia
“Good smell, bland taste”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I picked up some ribs from the newest Halligan today, just to try some with my son. The ride home was interesting smelling the smokey aroma. I already knew they didn't cook any BBQ at the store on Lakeridge Parkway but it was rather disappointing to get home and find ribs cooked to death and be so bland. The weren't too dry, they just fell apart and almost no seasoning on them. They were wrapped in cling wrap and then aluminum foil and must have been kept in a warmer since yesterday. I may go back to try their breakfast foods but I doubt I go to get BBQ.

Visited August 2014

Glen allen
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed!!!!!!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I was excited that The Halligan had opened an express location in Ashland area .One should never get over excited.
I ordered a 1/2 rack of ribs,a lb.of BBQ and a lb of brisket.The packaging used for takeout was ridiculous.The only thing appealing was the sauce and I had to beg for that.Keep in mind I bought almost 3 lbs of food and was given 2 oz of sauce.Management was nearby and her my concerns but never offered any explanations .How sad ,When I saw the ribs come out I should have turned and run.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Wingfanatics
“Love the firefighter theme”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of visiting both the shako bottom and the short pump bar and grill , the chicken wings and ribs are great and when I return again, I will visit the new location .

Rancho Santa Mar
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The hush puppies were delicious - not too greasy, fried just right. The cornbread had an interesting flavor, not sure what was added, but the chipotle honey butter was an interesting twist. The chili was good and a bit spicy. My husband liked his meal, but didn't love it. The best part was the decor with the firefighter theme. There was a fire engine facade on the wall and from the control panel is where they poured the beer. Pretty fun. Our waitress was very nice and friendly. It definitely had a neighbor hood feel too it and in a very historic area.

• Visited July 2014
Richmond Hill, Georgia
“Great BBQ and Cold Beer”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

What a great bar with great BBQ. I had the BBQ platter with excellent pulled pork and brisket. The sides; potato salad and collard greens were equally good. A good choice if draft beer and a GREAT waitress, Ashley. While the wine wasn't great, it IS a BBQ place. If I get back to Richmond, I'll go back to Halligan's.

Visited June 2014

Been to The Halligan Bar and Grill? Share your experiences!