“I would not recommend for free!” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Knights Inn Glen Allen VA
Ranked #62 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Hedgesville, West Virginia
“I would not recommend for free!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

I didn't expect much from a $40/night 1 star hotel, but this was absolutely horrible! Requested a non smoking room after checking in and went to our room and immediately was hit with the smell of cigarette smoke as soon as we opened the door. We called the front desk to verify we got the right room and assured we did and hung up on me. The next morning My wife and I and three kids we all sick from sleeping in that room and all of our belongings and clothes smelled the rest of the day. Bathroom was dirty with tiles falling apart, breakfast is meager, I would not even stay at this place for free!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

We had driven by this establishment many times on the way to one of our many fishing trips. Sunday, I happened to notice that this motel had received a "makeover", and commented on it to my s/o.

As luck would have it, our a/c went out that night. The repairman could not get to us until Tuesday morning, so I thought we would check this place out. The lobby was very, very nice, and spotless. The desk clerk was super nice and told us that they had just bought the place in April and completely renovated it inside and out. We just happened to meet the owner, who was also very nice. Our room was beautiful, and just as pictured here on TripAdvisor. I loved the colors they chose to paint the walls, the contrasting color for the woodwork and doors, and especially the tile. Kudos to the housekeeper, because it was also spotless. The bed was so comfortable I wanted to take it home with me, but it wouldn't fit into the Jeep...LOL. Just one tiny thing...... there were no hangers in the closet, but then again, they have a tendency to "walk".

Be aware that this is a "no frills" motel, so there will be no hair dryer, fitness center, or swimming pool. The free continental breakfast is meager, but this was not the Marriott. You get what you pay for, and this establishment is a excellent bargain. I'm not going to pay $20-30 more to sweat on a treadmill or eat a continental breakfast. Besides, there is an Aunt Sarah's Pancake House next door if you require a full breakfast, which btw, will be way less than $20, including a tip.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
3 Thank fishinggoddess
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Days Inn Glen Allen
#32 of 81 in Richmond
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Glen Allen/Richmond
BEST WESTERN PLUS Glen Allen Inn
Red Roof Inn - Richmond South

Been to Knights Inn Glen Allen VA? Share your experiences!