“Feb 2014”

Knights Inn Glen Allen VA
Ranked #61 of 81 Hotels in Richmond

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Glen Allen
Reviewed 2 March 2014

inexpensive, close to 95 and 295
good coffee
regardless of cost, there should still be some Wyndham rewards points

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Knights Inn

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I didn't have roaches in the room (that I saw), and the sheets and blankets were clean, but the bathroom looked like no one had been there since the 1930s! The room had a musty smell, the TV was so old the colour was all off, and overall it felt a little scummy staying there. I would have changed motels but for the fact we checked in after 9:30 and had already unloaded the car. I thought I shouldn't have to check out the room in a major national chain, but I was wrong! There are three separate areas, and only the main area near the front desk has ice or vending machines.

Having now read the other reviews, I suspect the motel is undergoing refurbishment room by room. If you are seduced by the low rate, ask to see your room first to make sure it's up to snuff. The only positive thing was the friendly front desk staff, whom I suspect has no idea what individual rooms look like, as the place was almost empty and we got this awful room.

I took pictures, but am not going to post them, as Knights Inn gave me a $5.00 deduction based on the condition of the room. As they were willing to make a good-will gesture, so am I. However, I had planned to stay in a different Knights Inn later on this trip, and it certainly is no longer my first choice. If I do end up there, I will ask to see the room before I take it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LRCohen
Williston, South Carolina
Reviewed 22 November 2013

This hotel has obviously been recently renovated because everything has a new look to it, nothing was outdated and everything was very clean. We stayed here while we were visiting family in town and the staff here made us feel right at home. We will be back in a couple of weeks for Christmas Holidays for sure.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Okeechobee, Florida
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed at this "MOTEL" as it is called. Driving from Florida to NY with our dogs we saw the sign for there and decided to try it out. I have to admit that from the outside it did look very nice. INSIDE was another story. I always check a room before staying at a motel, should have done it this time. My husband is disabled and was in a lot of pain, where he could not walk due to the extreme pain and I knew we had to stay there. They put us in a room which was horrible! I refused to sleep under sheets/blanket - stains on both, holes in blanket. The bathtub was so filthy, I would not have gotten in it even with boots on! The final straw was roaches in the room I went back to the desk to speak with employee about our complaints, but said there was nothing he could do without speaking to manager. I knew my husband was unable to go any further so had no choice but to stay. Left light on all night, listening to people outside their rooms drinking and being very loud. Again went to desk in a.m. but again no manager. Left and called later. Long story short, the manager was very rude, not helpful at all but did say he would look into it and speak with employee when he was back on duty???? Said he would review security tapes and get back to me. Huh, security tapes in room????? Never returned my calls; the last time I spoke with him, he said he would call me the next day. SURPRISE, still has not returned calls. It is now the end of August and this all happened in July. We are waiting to hear about the disputed charge we have placed with our credit card company. My advice: Even if free, I would not stay there again. Disgusting!

Room Tip: A different motel if you want to choose a good room,