“excellent hotel and a good price”
Review of Sleep Inn

Ranked #64 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Richmond, Virginia
“excellent hotel and a good price”
Reviewed 17 March 2011

We arrived very late that day. The front desk clerk was very helpful and friendly. Continental breakfast was great. Room was atractive and very clean. Iwould stay at this hotel again. The price was very good.

Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank patelpina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Indian Trail, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 January 2011

My wife and I spent one night here unexpectedly, as our travels took several twists and turns. We booked last minute and was not going to arrive until 11pm and were going to be out by 8 or 9 am, so were just looking for a safe, clean, lower priced hotel. This hotel is right off I-95, easy on and off. Check in took all of 4 minutes.

Room - smaller than what I'm used to, but really cannot complain. Heating unit had a slight smell, not sure what that was but it disappeared and was not bothersome. Had a tv (older tube model, but just fine), a minifridge, and a microwave. Bed was comfortable and we both slept great.

Breakfast: Serves breakfast in the morning. Not up to scale with HIExpress, but I was very surprised. They had eggs (flat, solid, eggs the size of a pancake), bagels, danishes, yogurt, oatmeal, cereal, juice, and coffee (maxwell house). Food was good and was not something I was expecting.

Overall we had a good stay and were surprised at the quality compared to the price (~$50). It was a hotel with inside corridors (a big plus for safety), a bright, well lit parking lot (again, safe), breakfast, and was a level or level and a half above what I would consider basic, making this a great value for your buck. Since it's my first time at this brand hotel, I cannot comment on the chain as a whole. But based on my visit, I would not hesitate to stay here and would recommend others give it a shot.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mapkyc74
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 17 October 2010

Spent one night here on the way back north from Disney. Three rooms had been reserved a month earlier, but when we arrived, two were on the third floor and one was on the second. We then requested to have all rooms on the same floor, but we were told that was not possible. We went to our rooms, and to our dismay, we found two of the rooms were on the smoking floor. (Non-smoking rooms were requested at the time of reservation) The hall smelled of strong smoke and the room simply smelled horrible, even though a small no smoking sign was on top of the TV. I guess they put the sign there to make it appear as if it was a non-smoking room, even thugh the odor proved different. A return to the front desk now miraculously found two additional rooms on the second floor which was a non-smoking floor. The new room was found to be dusty and the bedspreads were dirty looking, but at least it did not smell of smoke. The hotel overall appeared old and dirty. I would not stay here again and would not recommend it to anyone who prefers cleanliness!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank sleepy2321

Travellers are raving about these Richmond hotels

RICHMOND, VA
Reviewed 13 January 2009

i came down to Richmond, Va to spend time with my family for New Years Eve. The hotel was quiet and the front desk clerks were very polite and helpful. Our room was on the 3rd floor next to the elevator. The hotel is undergoing some renovations and it smells of fresh paint. The room had a micro/ fridge coffee maker and stand in shower. (no bath tubs) We only paid 62.14 including taxes and its worth the price. The hotel serves a continental breakfast w/ plenty of items to chose from. We didn't expect much from the hotel and its a better deal than the hotel down the road (89.99) or a few exits down.

• Liked — the price
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
Lansdale
Reviewed 27 July 2008

I selected this hotel because of its location. It was exactly where I wanted to stop for the night. I had read some of the recent reviews and was expecting something much worse than I found.

The important thing I was looking for was a clean comfortable bed and a working air conditioner. That's what I got.

The room was attractive, had a working TV with enough channel choices.

My room was by the elevator and expected a lot of noise from traffic passing my door, but I only heard one group of people get off the elevator before I went to bed and did not hear people leaving in the morning.

There was a strange odor in my room. It was not offensive or overly strong, just strange. It reminded me of a scent that I associated with my grandmother's bathroom. I think it was a commercial cleaning product.

I saw a hair on the bathroom floor, but the tile floor did not otherwise appear dirty. I threw the bathmat on the floor; that covered enough of the floor that I didn't worry about it.

The sink was a little slow draining, which I reported when I checked out, but it was not any real problem.

The refrigerator had been unplugged for defrosting. That would have been an issue had I arrived wanting to use it. There was a trash can inside the refrigerator to collect the melting ice. Before I went to bed I heard a chunk of ice fall inside the frig. I opened the door to discover the trash can with the large piece of ice. I dumped it in the sink and ran some hot water. It all went away and I turned the unit back on.

I was glad that there was a late night Burger King next door. A Whooper Jr. (without the mayo) was just enough for an evening snack.

The breakfast was adequate. I've had complimentary continental breakfasts that had a lot more choices and a lot fancier. But you got an OK breakfast.

The grounds and the public areas of the hotel appeared very clean.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 July 2008

I spent 3 nights here, check-in was smooth, no problems. 3 story property, all interior corridors with elevator. Typical Sleep Inn layout. My room was clean and fairly comfortable. Pillows were much flatter than I prefer though and were uncomfortable for me. Desk, no rolling chair and the chair provided for the desk was a little low, didn't make it really comfortable when using my laptop. Wi-Fi worked great and there was an outlet on top of the desk so no crawling around to plug in the computer. Microwave and fridge in the room, didn't use either, but I did check the fridge and it was cold. AC worked well.
Bathroom area was clean, plenty of hot water with good pressure; my room only had a shower which is typical of most Sleep Inns. Didn't watch much TV so can't comment on the lineup, but what I did watch was clear. Breakfast is OK, limited selection of pastries, bagels, cereal, etc. No waffle iron but they did have a warmer with French toast and some rather rubbery scrambled eggs. Security cameras all over the place including the parking lot. Burger King right next door, as well as 2 convenience stores, McDonalds across the street, but the immediate area is lacking in restaurants. Overall, an OK stay nothing exceptionally bad or great either way, which I've found to be typical of most Sleep Inns. Better pillows and more comfortable chairs for the desks would be a great improvement for this hotel though.

• Liked — WiFi worked very well
  • Disliked — Flat pillows and limited selection of near-by restaurants
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
Orlando, Fl
Reviewed 12 July 2008

Stayed at this hotel with the family (two children) after getting off the I-95 during a rainstorm. It was the first hotel you see off the highway. But you are probably better off driving a few feet further to the next hotel's My wife went to the desk to check rates and get a room while I stayed in the car with the kids. She was given a room on the 2nd floor which was quickly change to the 3rd floor. As we stepped into room 317 we were hit with a strong cigarette smell even though it was suppose to be a non smoking room. Both box spring mattresses on the double beds had no sheets just the top ones. But we were tired and it was late so we put the kids to sleep. The next morning we realized that our hotel room door was not working and did not lock. We had slept the whole night in an unsecured room with the thing I value most, my precious family. When I complained to the front desk at check-out, the response was "well you should have checked the door last night" Unbelievable..Thank God my wife had the sense to apply the door latch at least. My fellow Trip Advisor familes stay away!

• Liked — free internet access..that it.
  • Disliked — uncleaniness.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South
La Quinta Inn Richmond South
#34 of 81 in Richmond
Red Roof Inn - Richmond South
Country Inn & Suites Chester
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#8 of 14 in Chester

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!