“An unpleasant stay..Avoid!”

Ranked #65 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Orlando, Fl
“An unpleasant stay..Avoid!”
Reviewed 12 July 2008

Stayed at this hotel with the family (two children) after getting off the I-95 during a rainstorm. It was the first hotel you see off the highway. But you are probably better off driving a few feet further to the next hotel's My wife went to the desk to check rates and get a room while I stayed in the car with the kids. She was given a room on the 2nd floor which was quickly change to the 3rd floor. As we stepped into room 317 we were hit with a strong cigarette smell even though it was suppose to be a non smoking room. Both box spring mattresses on the double beds had no sheets just the top ones. But we were tired and it was late so we put the kids to sleep. The next morning we realized that our hotel room door was not working and did not lock. We had slept the whole night in an unsecured room with the thing I value most, my precious family. When I complained to the front desk at check-out, the response was "well you should have checked the door last night" Unbelievable..Thank God my wife had the sense to apply the door latch at least. My fellow Trip Advisor familes stay away!

• Liked — free internet access..that it.
  • Disliked — uncleaniness.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 July 2008

Stayed for one night on our way back to Massachusetts. First room we found refrigerator did not work. Moved to 2nd room which we had to clean ourselves. Front desk offered the original room with the bad refrigerator back but we did not want to re-clean another room.
No restaurants close by so ended up at Burger King next door.
We would not recommend this hotel in its current condition. We've heard good things about the Sleep Inn chain but this initial experience may never give a second opportunity to see the good.
Unacceptable accomodations in this marketplace. Too many other quality choices.

• Liked — Unfortunately, there was no positive experiences
  • Disliked — Condition of my rooms and location relative to restaurants
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Travellers are raving about these Richmond hotels

philadelphia
Reviewed 2 May 2007

The worst hotel I ever stayed in!! DIRTY
There was vomit on the rug next to the bed on the other side of the bed that was never cleaned up. I did not see it until morning when I stepped on it, I smelled something during the night and thought it was out side but in the morning I found that it was in my room. THE SMELL WAS THERE IN MY ROOM and I stepped into it, I had to take two showers and still felt dirty it made me feel sick. I complained and was told they would look into it, and when I asked for some kind of refund they just more or less said sorry no can do.
I called Sleep Inn and they filed a report and said the hotel would get back to me, they did and did nothing.
If you want a clean room STAY AWAY FROM SLEEP INN 2321 WILLIS DR. RICHMOND VA.
Walter from Philadelphia

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — it was not clean!
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank 1walter
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 22 January 2007

had an awful experience surprised to see this is the #3 rated hotel in richmond...but that doesnt say much for richmond...motel was in disrepair, dirty, and to think i used my points for this...needless to say the choice hotels refunded my points to me upon the complaint...this is the first choice hotel that i have had such problems with the cleanliness and broken bathroom door, holes in wall, door and just not a pleasant place ...we checked out and did not sleep there.

• Stayed January 2007, travelled as a couple
Clearwater, FL
Reviewed 21 July 2006

Paid $85+tax for a room with 2 queen beds for 2 adults and 2 young children. This with AAA-discount. The hotel is 2 years old, but seems brand new. Sleep Inn is a newer brand, so their hotels are on average newer than most chains.

The room was clean, the overal apperance was very nice and the breakfast was adequate. My wife and I both thought that we got excellent value - we would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
Ripplemead, VA
Reviewed 12 June 2006

This was the first time we have ever stayed in a Sleep Inn & Suites. This is a WONDERFUL place to stay! I checked Trip Advisor when looking for a place to stay near Paramount's Kings Dominion on June 9-10, 2006. This Sleep Inn was the #1 rated place to stay in Ashland, so I booked it. I was not disappointed! It is very clean and very nicely appointed for a hotel/motel in this class. The breakfast was good, and the hotel is convenient to lots of chain restaurants and shopping if desired. We will DEFINITELY stay at this hotel each time we go to Paramount's Kings Dominion.

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank joycemoser
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 August 2004

Place was not worth $99.99 plus tax. Room smelled like urine and shower had no pressure. I have stayed in Sleep Inn's before without any problems but this one did not meet up to level with the others. Especially for being advertised as newly remodeled.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond I-95 South
Comfort Inn
#8 of 14 in Chester
Red Roof Inn - Richmond South
La Quinta Inn Richmond South

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!