“Fabulous hotel in a great location for travelers out of states!”

The Jefferson Hotel
Ranked #1 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
“Fabulous hotel in a great location for travelers out of states!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Just minutes from the highway you're warmly greeted by valet service at the entrance of this grand hotel. Spectacular Tiffany glass ceilings create a memorable impression. Harpist and high tea at check in, but disappointingly, we didn't know it would be so popular that you need to reserve this in advance.

Our room was very spacious and did have a minibar if you need a frig. Lovely bath with a jetted tub but does need some updating as it was very hard to figure out the shower heads. Wonderful towels & linens.

The hotel provides a great service of free transportation to your restaurant for dinner but know that it's a mini van & they'll be taking others along as well. You just have the restaurant call to have your return ride waiting.

As our package included breakfast we ordered a la carte. I had an omelet (Very dry) and my husband had fruit and yoghurt & granola. Nothing special nor was the service. Aside from the breakfast...

I would highly recommend staying here!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
JenniferCrispPRMgr, Public Relations Manager at The Jefferson Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for your review!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Korean first
Loganville, Georgia
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Its been almost 30 years since I have felt so poorly treated at a hotel. When I walked in a room people turned to look at me as if I had something on my head. When I got up to leave guest stated "he's finally gone". I guess If I forgot that I was African American. However I was quickly reminded. When I mentioned the situation to the manager he stated he would get back to me, which he never did. I heard that this was the best hotel in Richmond. Yes the aesthetics where absolutely beautiful the but the soul of this place made it ugly. I couldn't wait to leave this place was so unfriendly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
31 Thank zaylin65
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stopped in just to see the interior, and it was gorgeous.
Walk around and see as much of the property as you can. All of it is so beautiful.
Grand is a great way to describe it.
It is well worth a stop for teatime or brunch.
Look for the alligators inside and out.
Travelationship.com

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank heather p
JenniferCrispPRMgr, Public Relations Manager at The Jefferson Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for posting a recap of your walk through the hotel. We are always delighted to out of town visitors include The Jefferson on their "must see" list!
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

There are hotels that fall back on there name, like the Saint Regis in DC and the service is OK. Not the Jefferson from the time you pull up in front of the hotel to the minute that you leave everything is great. Last night we came back from the opera late and did not have dinner yet, we went to the restruant with a slight hope that we would be able to order something. No problem, no one rushed us, the staff was fantastic.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thanks so much for your kind review!
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This Hotel is a must see, its an historic landmark, the main lobby with its stairway, featured in the very famous movie "gone with wind" will take your breath away and is really out of this world .Every time I have friends visit me, I recommend that they stay at this hotel. They all love it.The rooms( I have seen them ) are all spacious,classic and very clean. The hotel features a brunch that, it has become quite famous for, its amazing. A must see to be believed
My husband and I go several times a year to eat at its restaurant " Lemaire" one of my favorite restaurants in Richmond. This is fine dining at its best. If you are coming to Richmond you must stay/see this Hotel. Its incredible...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you! We are delighted that Lemaire is one of your favorites in Richmond and appreciate your recommendation to all your out-of-town friends. We hope to see you again soon!
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My husband and I booked The Jefferson for a 2 night stay to celebrate our anniversary, I had had a few meals and meetings here, but hadn't ever stayed and we wanted a quick getaway. The lobby is beautiful, and the decor is historic and grand, but our room and the rest of the hotel were a disappointment. I travel a lot for work, so I really like a NICE hotel. Our room was basic and small and for $300 a night, we had expected more. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were scarce. The view from our room looked directly into the neighboring building which was under construction (not what we hoped for - Room 605.) Honestly, we could have been at a $100 a night hotel for the room, but I guess you are paying for the grand lobby and the name with a stay here. Unfortunately, there isn't much to do in the rest of the hotel or the surrounding areas (within walking distance) so we had to drive everywhere. There were a few highlights that made the trip worth it, breakfast in the restaurants was amazing both mornings (we had it in TJ's one morning and Lamaire the other.) Also, the hotel offers free transportation within the local area, and we had a great driver to take us to dinner and pick us up. He offered up lots of advice on things to do in Richmond, and other restaurants we needed and to try. We ate at Stella's, Lunch and Acacia - Stella's and Lunch were the best of the 3! Basically, it was fine, but we won't be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Matt S
We appreciate your review and were pleased to hear that many aspects of your visit were positive but we do sincerely apologize that your room view did not meet your expectations and that this would prevent you from choosing The Jefferson on a future visit to Richmond. Please know that we are always happy to provide alternatives for our guests, such as a room move, different pillows, etc., so that they can enjoy each aspect of their stay. We hope that perhaps you'll again consider The Jefferson and allow us to select a room that better matches your preferences. Thank you!
philadelphia
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This hotel is oozing with character and history. The staff was very professional, the dinner and breakfast excellent along with the service. My wife and I will definitely be coming back the next time we're in Richmond.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 101 at the end of the hall. It was an upgraded room with a king bed and a very la...