“Rough night thanks to thin walls and ceiling!”

Residence Inn Richmond West End
Ranked #33 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I'm a Marriott guy and on personal travel will always look for a Residence Inn first. Marriott needs to take a look at this one.

First, the good: the staff were great, the room was clean, decent sized and the location was great.

The Bad!: the walls and ceiling apparently have no insulation. You could hear everything in the rooms around and above you. Whoever was in the room above came in at 2 am, woke us up with their noise, and proceeded to walk all over the room. This went on for 20 or 30 minutes. Finally back to sleep by 3am....but the room above got up at 6 am to shower and pack. Finally out by 7:15! We dozed until 9:30 and departed. Worst stay in a Marriott ever.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Rollingstonetoo

Reviewed 30 July 2011

This is a very clean and comfortable hotel. There is a efficiently designed living space including a full kitchen. The red and brown color scheme is warm and cheery. It's not super plush but quite comfortable and a great model for a few day stay. All of the staff have been very nice and very helpful. There's a small outdoor pool, a quarters operated washer/dryer. They're finishing remodeling so there is no gym on site right now, but there are free passes to the Golds Gym several miles away. It feels very centrally located; everything we wanted to do was only a few miles away.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We visited Richmond and Washington, D.C. for my birthday. This hotel was about 15 minutes from Kings Dominion theme park were we spent one of our days, and only about and hour and a a half away from D.C. where we went to see the White House. We did have a couple issue when checking in, but the Manager Doug I think his name was took care of them quickly. The front desk staff could have been a little more friendly, may be if they all imaged the manager with a sense of urgency I would have been more satisfied, but many times approaching the desk every desk clerk would address you sitting down, as if it would kill them to stand up and come and assist you, with the exception of Anthony, very friendly and helpful, like his manager! Come to think of it, it was only the ladies I encountered the non-friendly attitudes! Anyway the hotel was great, they served breakfast, did eat though, and of course like any other Residence Inn or Towne Place they host a social hour everynight! The hotel was clean and well kept. The location was perfect, on the main street, many shopping centers and comfy atmosphere! Would stay again!

Room Tip: Use Rewards
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TracyandAlvinClark
Reviewed 24 April 2011

Family of 5. Stayed one night on return trip to NY from Florida. Clean, but an old property in need of updating or demolition. Night manager (Ryan) was very pleasant and along with the very cheerful woman managing the breakfast room, was probably the only good thing about this property. The sheets on the beds were horribly old and .... Well, I won't go on. I went out of my way to find a Marriott property to stay at, and as a rewards member, this place was a huge disappointment.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank cwaNy
Reviewed 2 March 2011

I booked the hotel through travel agent...and the hotel is centally located with all amenities at very reasonable rate.Pariculrly suited for long stay...where you feel like home instead of being away from home.

I specially liked the complmentary breakfast and Dinner which is at par with any 5 star hotel.During my stay for 45 days...very seldom the menu were repeated in breakfast and dinner.I never felt like exploring food outside as I experienced the best of US food in ny hotel itself.To unwind the day..we had recreation facilities like swimming pool,Badminton etc.

Amazing place to be for work or leissure!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2011

I had stayed in residence inn in Rosemont for 5 months...so it was obvious that when I stay for a month in Richmond, VA...I was looking for another Residence Inn...they always maintain their Standard...here staff knows you much better because the Hotel is small compared to Rosemont...I would never forget the Lady during Breakfast...always wishing you with a smile...ready to help you, serve you with smile...other staffs are always ready to go to the root of the problems to solve them...cleanliness, ambiance are again superb...however some of the items from their Kitchen were missing...they should check the rooms before they allot it to a new guest...but when asked...they promptly provided....they have a tie-up with Gold's Gym...I am not sure how long it would be...but a real nice tie up...swimming pool is again outdoor...

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2011

I stayed here on two separate occasions. Once in October and once in December. Only writing one review though, SO first trip was amazing. Both times I was asked if I preferred a first or second floor room. First stay was on the second floor. All the entrances are from the outside so it you stay on the 2nd floor be warned you will have to walk up stairs. The room was lovely nice large kitchen area with all the things you need to make a meal. Didn't try breakfast during either stay but there is a Krispie Creme down the road a bit that was awesome. Layout was nice and I couldn't say the room was dirty everything seemed really great. Which is why I stayed again in December. Our second trip we had a first floor room- do not opt for this!!!! I had to walk down what seemed like a small ally between rooms to get to my room- after much difficulty finding it in the first place. It is very quiet and peaceful but it felt a little unsafe. The room was nice though, again same thing with kitchen and the room had a fireplace. Small living area, as well as large bathroom. Love that the sinks are outside from toilet area. Double sinks. Love staying at Residence Inn's and haven't had a problem yet. Great location to shopping and food. Plenty of options for anything you want. Dennys right on the corner as well. I would stay here again if I need to go back to this area.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business