“Nice Hotel, Well Located”

Residence Inn Richmond West End
Ranked #34 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 3 May 2013

This is the second year we've stayed at the Residence Inn West End while running in the Monument Ave 10K in Richmond. We'll be back again next year both at the race and the Residence Inn.

The rooms are large, clean and come with a queen bed, a sleeper sofa and a kitchenette. The hotel is well located, on Dickens Rd just off Broad St. It's easy to get to everything in Richmond - without having to worry about where to park (if you stay in a downtown hotel).

The room rate includes a buffet breakfast, which while nourishing, isn't exactly gourmet fare. But if you're in a hurry, want to save $$$, or like hotel food, it's perfectly acceptable.

The staff is friendly and helpful, parking is a snap and like most Marriott properties, provides an excellent, well-known value.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room, it's safer and a bit less noisy when people walk by.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Stayed here as a "treat" with my son Easter weekend. Upgraded to a penthouse suite with 2nd floor bedroom. It was an especially nice property for an "extended stay" with a kitchen, which we like. Often times these hotels have a lot of wear and tear from families staying there and treating the rooms like cheap rental property, but not this hotel. It is very updated and modern with especially nice appliances and furniture. And a fireplace! My son and I enjoyed playing badminton too, and they provided the equipment! It is a little expensive, but for this trip it was worth every penny. Great front desk staff, as well.

Room Tip: The penthouse suites with bedroom upstairs are so spacious and nice! Worth the splurge!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
RICWWGM, Owner at Residence Inn Richmond West End, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Dear kt9222;
I would like to thank you for your kind evaluation of the Residence Inn Richmond West. I’m glad that you and your family enjoyed your visit to Richmond. I will pass your comments on to our staff, they will be happy that you had a great time.
Residence Inn Richmond West

Reviewed 13 April 2013

We always stay at a Residence Inn when we can, and this is no exception. This hotel is CLEAN CLEAN!! The rooms are just like home. Spacious, with quality bedding, sofa and chairs, fireplace. Nice kitchens and baths, large closet and tv's. Very nice dining are for breakfast, with light dinners through the week. Close to downtown Richmond. They are pet friendly for those that have pets. Outdoor fire pit, badminton and basketball court and nice pool, guest laundry near the office.The staff is absolutely wonderful! Great breakfast, quiet at night, just a really wonderful place to stay. Anyone who complains about this place just likes to gripe! Absolutely no complaints!

Room Tip: Just pick one, they are all good! They do have ground and upper floor if this matters to you.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear PILOT 42:
Thank you for your Trip Advisor comments regarding your recent stay at the Residence Inn Richmond West. The staff and management are happy that you enjoyed your visit with us, and hope that you will consider us for your next visit to the Richmond area.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

We travel to Richmond frequently and it's a toss-up as to where we stay, although Marriott usually wins. The staff here is extremely friendly, inquiring about the purpose of our trip, offering to help us with any suggestions about the area, etc. The living space is roomy and the bed comfortable. Even though there is coffee in the lobby there is a coffee maker in the room. I have learned to get a few liquid coffee creamers after checking in so I don't have to use the powdered stuff in the morning (hate it).
The breakfast in the morning was good, with lots of choices. My only complaint was a group of 4 loud people who were no longer eating but talking and taking up 3 tables. I am sure this is an awkward situation for the staff to handle. We cleared out, taking our coffee and tea back to our room so others could have a table.

Dear VALovetotravel123;
I would like to thank you on behalf of our associates for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Richmond West. I can understand your frustration about the others taking up the tables, as our seating in the dining area is somewhat at a premium. We are presently redesigning our seating structure, so during your next visit with us we will have more seating for breakfast.
We look forward to your next trip to Richmond.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

We selected this hotel because of its proximity to family we were visiting. The positives were the very late arriving and tired guests experiencing a quick in and then 5 days later a quick check out. Overall was disappointed in this Residence Inn. Room was on 1st floor and damp as well as musty smelling. I was not a fan of the linens nor towels. The heat was noisy and bathroom fan noise intolerable. A great kitchen area and excellent appliances but we used only a few glasses and that was it. Breakfast was OK and staff pleasant.

I will never stay here again it was absolutely not what I have come to expect from a Marriott property.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear Suzibluiss:
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott – Richmond West. I was alarmed by your disappointment during your stay. After a very wet February and March, the suite you occupied must have become damp, for that oversight, I truly apologize. Please contact me at 804-285-8200 to organize your next visit to our hotel so that I may have the opportunity to ensure that your room is completely up to Marriott standards. Again, I sincerely apologize for your dissatisfaction.
Residence Inn by Marriott
Richmond - West

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Stayed only one night on a rewards certificate. Front desk was very polite and room was comfortable. Fairly clean. Breakfast was simple..could have used some cleaning of area where food was serviced. Overall a good value.

Dear Delbarton Mom:
Thank you for your kind review for the Residence Inn by Marriott Richmond West. We are glad that you enjoyed your time in Richmond, and hope that you will stay with us again.
Residence Inn by Marriott

Reviewed 25 March 2013

I looked at the reviews on tripadvisor before choosing this hotel. I called and spoke with Tish and she had everything arranged for me. Check in was easy and the staff were professional. I had a medical procedure that morning and I wasn't able to come to breakfast. When I called the front desk and talked with Tish she said would see what she could do. I arrived at my hotel room with my breakfast sitting on the bar with a note from Tish. The staff here are unbelievable and help their guest as much as possible. Thank you so very much!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo