“DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL!”

Residence Inn Richmond West End
Ranked #34 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 18 October 2010

We stayed in this hotel in August. We have stayed in Residence Inns in the past and were accustomed to their usual high standards of cleanliness and quality. We were shocked that this hotel did not even come close to those standards. The accomodations were filthy, the linens threadbare, and the overall maintence lacking to a high degree. I had told the folks we were traveling with that we should stay at a Residence Inn since in my experience they had always been top-notch. Well, I was so embarrassed with the condition of this one when my relatives said the next morning that they were totally "grossed out" by the accomodations.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank ldr07960

Reviewed 26 September 2010

This is an exception to the excellence of Residence Inns which are generally comodious and spacious. This example suffers from a lack of adequate maintainance and attentive maid service. Many kitchen necessites were missing. Front door was partially rotted. Walkways were unswept.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Poophiles
Reviewed 7 April 2010

Used this hotel while visiting University of Richmond with my son and husband. While this is an older smaller residence inn with a smaller than usual footprint, it had all the comforts and extras we have come to expect of Residence Inns: An excellent breakfast, comfortable room, and very attentive personable staff. When we arrived around six in the evening, we found the hotel was serving surpisingly good, complementary pizza dinner, with salad, fresh cookies, and beverages. Remembering a prior reviewer's comments I asked to see the room before we registered and found it perfectly fine. The staff was uniformly lovely. If they are representative of the citizens of this part of Virginia then I hope my son decides to go to school in Richmond so I can come down and visit. When I do, I will certainly stay at the Residence Inn on Dickens Rd.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2010

Several of the older reviews on this site have mentioned that this property could use a refresh. That is still the case. I've stayed at this property 3 times in the last 6 months on business. The staff has in every case been friendly, welcoming and helpful. The evening manager's reception is a nice amenity. The breakfast is about average. Wireless internet is included and has been speedy enough for my needs.

The guest rooms are serviceable, but could definitely use an update. The living-area furniture and carpets are worn. Bathrooms are cramped. Bedding is comfortable. Kitchens are as-advertised - everything works, dishes are there. Quite honestly, I haven't done more than make a cup of coffee or pop a bag of (complimentary) popcorn because the hotel provides breakfast and dinner.

So, this is a somewhat mixed review, but I've stayed at the property 3 times and will be back again in a week or so. That tells the real story.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2009

Loved it. Felt more like my own apartment than a hotel. Also, the breakfast buffet was probably the best I've ever had.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2009

I stayed at this hotel in a two-bedroom suite with my husband in one room, and his parents in the other. It was perfect! There was a kitchenette that would have been very useful if we had any groceries or need to cook. There was plenty of common area to spend time in, but we each had our own bedroom and bathroom. It was a great amount of space to spend time with your inlaws! I never felt overcrowded or uncomfortable, and all of us raved about how nice and clean it was. Staff was great and friendly at check-in. It's very convenient to the Short Pump mall and local restaurants, and not far from the highway.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2008

This was my fourth stay at this RI and it felt like I was coming home. The staff is always friendly and helpful.

I stay 2 nights on a business trip. I also stayed 2 nights in August. The campus has 2-story buildings with about 8 rooms per building. I stayed in a second floor studio room that contained a king-sized bed, sofa, coffee and end tables, small desk, kitchen, and cable TV.

The room seemed well maintained with modern kitchen appliances. The bathroom fixtures were fairly new and worked well. The HVAC controls were wall mounted and the room temp was easy to maintain.

In the office/reception building, a complimentary "manager's reception" is held in the evening: Monday , Tuesday and Wednesday only. During the reception, a summer cookout type meal was served (a simple garden salad, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, baked beans, chips, and soft drinks were provided. The items provided during the nightly reception appear to change daily.

A complimentary "self-serve" breakfast is also provided. Waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, breads/bagels, and normal breakfast beverages were available. The hostess kept the area clean and well stocked with food. She greeted every guest with big smile and friendly attitude.

The outdoor pool was open but was not used.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Candlewood Suites Richmond - West Broad
Courtyard Richmond West
Courtyard Richmond West
#22 of 82 in Richmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside
Best Western Executive Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Richmond
Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End

Been to Residence Inn Richmond West End? Share your experiences!