Residence Inn Richmond West End
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
All reviewsthe penthousefull kitchennice appliancessized kitchenlarge closetqueen bedquiet at nightcounter spacehome away from homehot oatmealan older propertyan extended stayquiet locationawesome staymarriott propertiesfree breakfastfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 October 2010

We stayed in this hotel in August. We have stayed in Residence Inns in the past and were accustomed to their usual high standards of cleanliness and quality. We were shocked that this hotel did not even come close to those standards. The accomodations were filthy, the linens threadbare, and the overall maintence lacking to a high degree. I had told the folks we were traveling with that we should stay at a Residence Inn since in my experience they had always been top-notch. Well, I was so embarrassed with the condition of this one when my relatives said the next morning that they were totally "grossed out" by the accomodations.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank ldr07960
Reviewed 26 September 2010

This is an exception to the excellence of Residence Inns which are generally comodious and spacious. This example suffers from a lack of adequate maintainance and attentive maid service. Many kitchen necessites were missing. Front door was partially rotted. Walkways were unswept.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Poophiles
Reviewed 7 April 2010

Used this hotel while visiting University of Richmond with my son and husband. While this is an older smaller residence inn with a smaller than usual footprint, it had all the comforts and extras we have come to expect of Residence Inns: An excellent breakfast, comfortable room, and very attentive personable staff. When we arrived around six in the evening, we found the hotel was serving surpisingly good, complementary pizza dinner, with salad, fresh cookies, and beverages. Remembering a prior reviewer's comments I asked to see the room before we registered and found it perfectly fine. The staff was uniformly lovely. If they are representative of the citizens of this part of Virginia then I hope my son decides to go to school in Richmond so I can come down and visit. When I do, I will certainly stay at the Residence Inn on Dickens Rd.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2010

Several of the older reviews on this site have mentioned that this property could use a refresh. That is still the case. I've stayed at this property 3 times in the last 6 months on business. The staff has in every case been friendly, welcoming and helpful. The evening manager's reception is a nice amenity. The breakfast is about average. Wireless internet is included and has been speedy enough for my needs.

The guest rooms are serviceable, but could definitely use an update. The living-area furniture and carpets are worn. Bathrooms are cramped. Bedding is comfortable. Kitchens are as-advertised - everything works, dishes are there. Quite honestly, I haven't done more than make a cup of coffee or pop a bag of (complimentary) popcorn because the hotel provides breakfast and dinner.

So, this is a somewhat mixed review, but I've stayed at the property 3 times and will be back again in a week or so. That tells the real story.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2009

Loved it. Felt more like my own apartment than a hotel. Also, the breakfast buffet was probably the best I've ever had.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple