“Chic-fil-A experience at the Quality Inn”

Ranked #44 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Chic-fil-A experience at the Quality Inn”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Chic-fil-a uses a business model that is truly customer and family oriented. Our football family traveled to Richmond for a tournament and chose to stay at this hotel. It was a pleasure.

I was very apprehensive about the football team staying at the Quality Inn based on what I've seen as I drive past them (never stayed at one). However, when I arrived I noticed the modern theme within a nicely laid out lobby. The general manager was kind enough to stay late to welcome us when we checked in (I know he was in early because I spoke to him while I was still at home in NC). He provided a warm, friendly greeting and gave us a quick tour. The check in process was simplistic and the staff were VERY attentative and accommodating especially the facilities rep and GM.

The most important experience was the room! They were appealing to the eye. Small but comfortable and well worth the rate. The rooms were clean and I didn't have any concerns letting my boys stay there.

Overall value exceeds expectations. This Quality Inn is unique! The upgrades, remodeling and renovations have made it an affordable hotel definitely worth staying at!

• Stayed December 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 December 2013

The New Management / Manager Mr. Duke has did Some Very Wonderful Changes to this hotel I have been coming to this Hotel for about Six Years or More And I love the new improvements to the hotel and the rooms. The Staff is very Friendly and very helpful. This is a must see and stay hotel. It has alot of shopping center near and resturants. I come in town I stay here all the time. This hotel has been remodeled from top to bottom. I Think of this as a home away from for me and my family and I recommend this hotel to anyone. GREAT JOB TO THE WHOLE STAFF, NEW MANAGER YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME. YOU ROCK WESTEND QUALITY INN.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
globalhospitalitymgt, General Manager at Quality Inn West End, responded to this review, 17 February 2014

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I have not seen the hotel when it was down on its dumps as I heard but from what I experience it is a Awesome place. They rooms are beautiful and nicely designed. Very clean. The staff was so awesome. The 3 gentleman that I seen were very friendly, helpful and nice. They never seemed bothered when ever I ask for things like some hotel front desk would act. I have work in a hotel before and this type of hotel for the price is def. worth it. The decorations and environment was very warm and inviting. Also, the spiffy looking manager was very nice and always had a smile. If you are looking for a pocket friendly and comfortable hotel I honestly was not lie. this is a this place for you especially being it is very close to EVERYTHING.

Room Tip: Highest floor are nice, quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This property was absolutely wonderful, nicely remodeled in a chic and modern way, the rooms nice and clean the bathrooms a little small very clean,but who spends much time in a bathroom anyways. We loved our stay and will return to this property every time we will visit our daughter in Richmond. All the employees we encountered were very nice,and the breakfast got the morning going. Thank you for a very nice stay !!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Only thing I could find to complain about was the bathroom (it was a little small) but what can a hotel do about that? They (workers, managers, etc) didn't construct the building. Staff was was friendly and nice. Beds were a little firm, but I didn't lose any sleep over it. I asked for a late checkout and it was honored (the joys of being a choice privilege member). Im a frequent visitor to the Richmond area and I think this will be my hotel of choice from now on (i've been hotel hopping). I got a smoking room and you couldn't even tell I was on the smoking floor, very impressed. Close to I-64 and lots of shopping!!! Definitely a recommended stay

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Bay Village, Ohio
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I was a little nervous after reading some reviews but was glad that I booked this hotel. I didn't see any signs of remodeling or construction debris when we stayed. Check in was a little slow but the staff was friendly enough. I think they are in the process of training the front desk clerks.

Our room was one of the remodeled ones and was very clean. It wasn't perfect as there was a chip in the tub, the faucet handle came off, and the drain stopper wasn't attached. Also, the A/C unit was very loud. We contacted the front desk clerk who seemed a little confused but eventually sent the repairman to check it out. He arrived and though we were skeptical, he assured us he could fix it. We left the room for a couple of hours and when we returned the whole A/C unit was replaced and quiet as can be. Thank you Mike!

The color choices for the room update was a little strange. The beds though were new and surprisingly comfortable. Probably my biggest criticism for this hotel is for the blankets. There were none. They only had some thin yellow bed spread looking thing I guess was supposed to be the blanket. It wasn't even thick as those cheapo foam hotel blankets. I inquired at the front desk and was informed that indeed all they had was that thin yellow thing for a blanket.

Overall though this hotel is a great value. It was clean, had a comfortable bed, in a safe area close to food and shopping, free standard hotel breakfast, LCD TV, and much less expensive than other hotels in the area. Just bring your own blanket.

Room Tip: Room 321 is a remodeled room and has a new quiet A/C unit. The bath tub though is older and fine for...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently during a NASCAR weekend in Richmond, Virginia. This is an older hotel, but the new management tries hard to make your stay good. The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was better than expected. There are a lot of newer shopping centers and restaurants very near to the hotel. The hotel is in a safe location.

Again, this is an older hotel so if you like everything to be new and perfect, then look elsewhere. However, many of the rooms have already been remodeled. My room had been recently remodeled and I found everything to be satisfactory. I will stay here in the future. The room prices are very reasonable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#34 of 81 in Richmond
Best Western Plus Governor's Inn
WoodSpring Suites Richmond West
Best Western Executive Hotel

Been to Quality Inn West End? Share your experiences!