“Nice Accomodations, friendly staff...”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown
Ranked #15 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I travel to Richmond VA quite often on business and I always stay at the Crowne Plaza. The staff is extremely friendly. The rooms are always clean and the rate is great!

Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 December 2011

I've stayed at this hotel a few times on business in the last three months. The customer service is excellent on every level. Brandon Harvey at the front desk is wonderful, always providing little extras to make your stay grand.

Room Tip: The business center is located in the lobby which makes it very easy to check-in for your flight and...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Primustravel
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Room was nice and clean. Staff was very courteous. Location easy walking to downtown. If too far to walk shuttle will take you, no problem. Very quiet and really too quiet, would have liked more going on so didn't have to leave hotel.. Bar area was dead and most of hotel the same.

Room Tip: One side of hotel downtown, one side river view. I would prefer river view and as high up as possib...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Great location, friendly service, food in restaurant was good! I will be back. Front desk staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2011

My sleep and dining experience was great. I did have a problem with poor drainage in the bathroom sink...YUCK! Other than that, the staff was very good. My son and I had great breakfast experiences and Brandon Harvey, at the front desk was "Mr. Hospitality".

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I dragged my husband down to Richmond so I could attend a Saturday conference at the Convention Center. The hotels closest to the hotel (Marriott and Hilton Garden Express) were full, so I looked further and found the Crowne Plaza (still walkable however). To make it more comfortable for my husband, I booked a club level room with a view of the James River and a big flatscreen TV.

Well, this turned out to be perfect. The room was spacious with all the comforts, coffee machine, fridge, microwave, even linen spray and sleep mask. The view was lovely. We could have stayed here for weeks, although we were only booked for one night.

Reception was friendly and helpful to us. The breakfast buffet was really good with fresh waffles, omelets, good bacon, sausuages and eggs. The location was near the Canal Walk so my husband could hike around while I conferenced.

Thank you, Crowne Plaza Richmond for making our stay absolutely perfect!

Room Tip: James River view is the only way to go. I couldn't peel my eyes away from the view and took man...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Sukibot
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I recently set-up a 2-day meeting at a downtown office building. Sixty participants were expected and probably half would be close enough to drive in but I was concerned about those who would need overnight lodging. The Crowne Plaza offered us an excellent rate for our lodging and provided a wonderful shuttle service. Our participants parked their cars and then didn't have to deal with Richmond traffic, having to know how to get to where they needed to be or drive around looking for a place to park. The staff was very professional and attentative to our every need. I would highly recommend the Crowne Plaza Downtown in richmond, VA for your business or pleasure travel needs.

Room Tip: the higher your room the better view of downtown and the James River.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business