Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown
US$223
Hilton.com
US$123
1,032 results
All reviewsfront deskjames rivershuttle servicevan driverparking garagebreakfast buffethotel shuttlecanal walkexcellent customer servicefree shuttlechecking inshockoe slipconvention centertomastamascrownwalton
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I have worked in the hospitality industry for almost 6 years now and was extremely impressed by this hotel and it's staff. My mother and I were running late for a show at the Landmark Theater and the staff quickly checked us in, held our bags until we returned, and called the shuttle for us. The shuttle driver, Ed, was very pleasant, professional, and prompt. When the show was over we called Ed to pick us up and we waited no longer than 5 mins. Our room and view was AMAZING! At around 12:30 I asked the night auditor , Marlyn, if they had a plastic bowl for my food, she completely went out of her way to get my mother and I 2 nice dish bowls. Also a little later I asked Marlyn for an extra pack of reg. coffee, which there were no more at front desk. I told her dont worry about it, yet a few mins later i had a knock at the door and it was security delivering my coffee. Marlyn completely went out of her way to help and she is an asset to Crowne Plaza. As well as Ed, I felt safe and secure riding with him. Thank you guys!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2015

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

One night business trip to Richmond VA. - hotel was quite good and staff was excellent. I would stay here again anytime.
The expression "bend over backward" must have been invented here.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room with a good A/C and river view.
1  Thank yellowpixels
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2015

Thank you for your wonderful comments. Please return soon to your Great Place to Stay!

Reviewed 5 April 2012

My company recommended I stay here since it is just a 1 block walk to our office building. This would not be a hotel I would normally stay in, but it was nice. The bathrooms are (at least the one in my room) still tiled in the shower/tub area, but has been updated with new cabinets and such. My room with the king size bed had a mini fridge and microwave. The view I had was of the MWV building and the river so it was pretty nice too. The workout facility is small, some might call it efficient. 2 treadmills, 1 elliptical, 2 stationary bikes, one somewhat customizable weight machine and 1 curl bar (free weight). All equipment seemed to be in good condition. Now on to the down sides. The thermostats are all energy efficient and I believe some how keyed to the room key or motion in the room. I set it for 67 and had temps all the way from 65 to 72. As I laid in bed trying to sleep I heard the person in the room next to me on their cell phone. I could hear every word. Shortly there after I could hear snoring like they were in my bathroom. This morning I was unwillingly awakened twice. Once from the cell phone alarm clock of the room on one side of me at 530am. The second time was at 6am by the room on the other side. This one let his cell phone alarm clock with a electric guitar tone go on for several minutes. I almost got out of bed and banged on the wall to wake him up. Then the actual alarm clock went off BLARING loud rock music which must have woke him up finally, since both were turned off shortly thereafter.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear Wendy-Cake Turner, thank you for staying with the Crowne Plaza Richmond and for providing a helpful review. I apoligize that we did not provide more infomation about our auto vs on provision with our thermostats in our effort to provide a Green hotel. I also apoligize for the lack of consideration from the guest staying in the room next door. I would like to offer our Quiet Zone on our 13th floor for your future stays.
C. Scott Jones, GM

Reviewed 4 April 2012

Pros:

Love my room. On the 9th floor, great views and it's a Priority members Suite. It is a small suite but nice.

Staff have all been wonderful, kind and helpful.

I really think the price of the room is quite fair for the location and accommodations.

Cons:

In this economy it bothers me that I have to pay $12.00 to park in the hotels parking garage.

The walls are very thin. You can hear everything.

The restaurant and bar were nice but the food choices were minimal and very over priced.

Overall I had a good experience

Room Tip: My room was on the ninth floor and I had a great view of the James River. This room was a Priority Club Member Suite and while it was small for a suite it was a very, nice room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

Overall a great experience, with the exception of one thing, a fire alarm went off at 5:00 am which I believe had an affect on the ODU basketball team during the CAA Tourney.

My first impression was not with Althea, but another person who I cannot remember her name. When Althea came to the counter and the atmosphere changed, I felt WELCOMED at the Crowne Plaza. Prior to Althea, I felt like a number, NEXT? I was travelling with 2 others and even though different people assisted us all, we all was welcomed by Althea who eventually took care of all of us and was the person who we sought after at the counter.

She provided great customer service to us all, I felt like family with her not just a guest in the hotel.

After my encounter with Althea, I have nothing but praise for the Crowne Plaza.

Room Tip: Back rooms had a view of a River.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business