Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown
US$119
US$116
US$123
1,022 results
All reviewsfront deskjames rivershuttle servicevan driverparking garagebreakfast buffethotel shuttlecanal walkexcellent customer servicefree shuttlechecking inshockoe slipconvention centertomastamascrownwalton
Reviewed 19 April 2012

My room was fine, but I MUST have coffee and love the hotels with the new coffee systems. This room had the old type and it didn't work. The next morning at 5:30 AM I mentioned to the front desk that my coffee maker didn't work and all I got was a "ok" I then asked for a cup of coffee that was downstairs, but no...it was Starbucks...where was customer service?

I heard entire conversation of the girl on her cell phone next room, and I am sure she didn't want to hear me coughing.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Just returned from the Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown. We were there for our church's couples retreat. We arrived on a Thursday and checked out Sunday morning. Both went smoothly. Kenya (who worked the front desk upon arrival) is a breath of fresh air. Excellent customer service. Room 1424 is a suite has a large seating area. The time that we were there there a lot of group activities going on which made the hallways very busy late at night. The breakfast buffet was very good but just a tad bit expensive. The meeting room space was just right. I just enjoyed my stay at Crowne Plaza and if I needed to go back to Richmond, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside of the hotel have a view of the river.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear Veronica047, thank you for taking the time to provide this wonderful feedback regarding your experience during your Couple's Retreat last weekend.

Sincerely, C. Scott Jones, GM

Reviewed 14 April 2012

I reserved 3 rooms with my Priority Club points and to my surprise, instead of getting the worse rooms in the house, we actually got great rooms! Mine was a Priority Club suite in a corner overlooking the river from both sides of the building, it was beautiful! The amenities were nice, although it's the first Crowne Plaza where I don't get the sleep advantage kit, but the rest of the stay made up for that. We had to wait for our third room since it was still not ready, but we just left for sightseeing and it was fine when we got back. Cuddos for having Althea in your staff. When we checked in she looked like an octopus!!! Taking care of everyone at the same time and managing the situation of having so many people checking in, besides other people asking stupid questions, is not an easy task. She is really committed to giving great service! The poor thing was so busy, she didn't even notice that, right next to me, she was checking in Caroline Kennedy (JFK's daughter)!! Our stay was great and if the Kennedy girl stays there, it should be a great place, right? We got small wine bottles at check-in time, which was a nice touch. Location is great, few blocks from the Capitol and the Governor's mansion.

Room Tip: Ask for a high corner room with view to the river
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Marseijas, we believe that you desire the best that Crowne Plaza has to offer as a Priority Member. Whether you are on a points stay should not effect your room type. Part of our Refreshing of Crowne Plaza includes some changes in our Sleep Advantage Kit that today is not yet available. I apoligize if this feature has not been consistent with your most recent stays. Thank you for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback.

C. Scott Jones

Reviewed 13 April 2012

I have worked in the hospitality industry for almost 6 years now and was extremely impressed by this hotel and it's staff. My mother and I were running late for a show at the Landmark Theater and the staff quickly checked us in, held our bags until we returned, and called the shuttle for us. The shuttle driver, Ed, was very pleasant, professional, and prompt. When the show was over we called Ed to pick us up and we waited no longer than 5 mins. Our room and view was AMAZING! At around 12:30 I asked the night auditor , Marlyn, if they had a plastic bowl for my food, she completely went out of her way to get my mother and I 2 nice dish bowls. Also a little later I asked Marlyn for an extra pack of reg. coffee, which there were no more at front desk. I told her dont worry about it, yet a few mins later i had a knock at the door and it was security delivering my coffee. Marlyn completely went out of her way to help and she is an asset to Crowne Plaza. As well as Ed, I felt safe and secure riding with him. Thank you guys!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2015

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

One night business trip to Richmond VA. - hotel was quite good and staff was excellent. I would stay here again anytime.
The expression "bend over backward" must have been invented here.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room with a good A/C and river view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank yellowpixels
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2015

Thank you for your wonderful comments. Please return soon to your Great Place to Stay!