Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown
Omni Richmond Hotel(Richmond)
Linden Row Inn(Richmond)
Richmond Marriott(Richmond)
1,007 results
All reviewsfront deskjames rivershuttle servicevan driverparking garagebreakfast buffethotel shuttlecanal walkexcellent customer servicefree shuttlechecking inshockoe slipconvention centertomastamascrownwalton
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I was pleased with my experience here at the Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown. The place was very clean, the beds very comfortable, furniture was modern, clean and fresh looking. Front desk was responsive to any request and breakfast was terrific and the service was excellent. Next time I have to come in Richmond I’ll definitely use this hotel again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Hello Daniel F, good to hear your glowing remarks. We are thankful that your took the time to share your experience. Please return soon to your Perfect Location...

Reviewed 21 June 2013

For the price, we would have liked to have seen a continental breakfast instead of the $2 Starbuck's coffee that was waiting for us. If there was one, we were never told about it. Also paid to park our car, so the total price for our two nights was more than three nights stay at another very acceptable chain.

Location was convenient to several places to walk, so we can't complain about that. Nice view out our window on the tenth floor. Room was nicely sized and comfortable, but the bedding had a sour smell. That ruined a comfy sleep for me.

Would rather stay somewhere that is more reasonably priced, as I'm sure the quality would be just as good.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank christy l
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Thank you for the review of our Hotel, and noting some positive comments. I am sorry to hear you did not realize that the Hotel has several areas in which you could get meals, rather than just Starbucks Coffee. The Hotel has a full-service restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, and also has a full-service Lounge that serves a wonderful menu as well, which opens at 2PM. There is also a 24-hour pantry directly to the left of the front desk, which is open 24 hours/day offering an assortment of food, coffee and misc. sundries. The Hotel's parking garage rates are actually 15%-20% lower than any other downtown Hotel, and we are one of the few downtown Hotels that does not have mandatory valet parking. The Hotel updated all of the guestroom bedding, so I am wondering if the smell you mentioned was simply because all of our bedding is new. Regardless, we are sorry that you did not sleep well, as we want everyone to have a perfect night's sleep when they are away from home. Thank you again, and I do hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

It was very difficult to locate the parking at this hotel. Equally as difficult to get in and out due to traffic in both directions. The parking lot is under construction so there were cones and yellow tape. The front desk was friendly and helpful and there is a couresty van service that will take you downtown. There is a microwave and frig in the room. We had 2 beds and mine had a strand of blonde hair...mine is dark brown. My mom notice a stain on her sheet that was dark brown. We notice 2 strands of hair in the shower (before we took a shower). I stay in lots of hotels and hair in the shower or bed creeps me out. We called for maid service the next day and requested them to change the sheets because of the stain and strand of hair in the bed and shower. When we returned that night once again noticed they did not change the sheets or clean the shower. How nasty is this? I couldn't wait to check out of this hotel. The breakfast buffet was good but the staff lacked personality. We paid $256 + $10 parking for WHAT?

Room Tip: Check your sheets and shower before you get to your room
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Dear tayshan1, thank you for communicating your experience. I would like to apologize for your experience and can assure you we are meeting with our department head to resolve. This is not acceptable and will be corrected. We have completed our resurfacing of our P1 level of our parking lot and thus are enjoying its benefits. Our private parking garage connected to our hotel is a great benefit to all of our customers with wonderful access to the downtown expressway. Again thank you for your feedback and we hope to have a second chance to provide the experience that you deserve.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

I just stayed at the Crown Plaza over the weekend. I was there for a conference at the Richmond Convention Center. I found the hotel very clean and the rooms were nice. I found the bedding very comfortable. We had a great view of the river from our room. The staff were pleasant, but we found one of the bellman, Train, especially helpful. He was always helpful and was a pleasure whether transporting us via the shuttle, or when loading our luggage. The most negative thing was the distance from downtown restaurants. Our stay was pleasant...thanks so much!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tammy2911

Dear Tammy2911, thank you for taking the time to review our property. Our shuttle service and Train have provided a very popular service for our customers. Thank you for the kind comments and I am glad you enjoyed that great view from our hotel...

Reviewed 8 June 2013

I booked about 10 rooms for a family wedding over Memorial Day weekend. We got a great rate, gorgeous river views, & a good location downtown Richmond. The front desk especially but all of the staff we encountered were very nice & helpful. We are priority club so we got a few extras. We had breakfast included with our rate which was nice. The only downside was the cost of breakfast for members of our group that did not have it included. I definitely would recommend this hotel for a group!

Room Tip: Ask for a River View, very scenic!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Joy P, thank you for booking our hotel for a wonderful family/wedding Memorial Day weekend. Your kind comments about our staff, location and great view are much appreciated. We hope to see your family again soon.