“Excellent Accomodations”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown
Ranked #15 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I stayed at this location for business and was very satisfied. The rooms are very comfortable with internet access, beautiful views of the river, indoor pool, restaurant (free breakfast bar is included with some plans), its own parking garage, and easy access from most major highways. The rooms are clean and there were no mechanical problems with the facility. It is one of the best in Richmond. The prices were very reasonable for this popular destination area and they have discounts for government employees. The staff was very friendly and courteous and able to answer any of your questions about the facility or any of the local attractions or optional dinner venues. I will definitely return to this facility.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ger2852
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Ger2852, thank you for taking the time to post a review. We sincerely appreciate your input. Looking forward to seeing you soon. Your Excellent Accomodation are waiting your return.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Some of the previous reviews made me a little leery about staying at the Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown, but I like to make my own assessments. Glad I did :-)

The staff was great. I called downstairs for extra bath cloths and towels, and 3 minutes later, they were brought up to our room.

The location was great, and the room was very comfy.

Our room smelled a little "dated", but we had a great overnight visit.

We'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Dear alloure2001, thank you for taking the time to pass on valuable input about your stay. I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

The stay was fine and the breakfast was good. When I checked out, there was a $60 charge for a dinner that I never had. I brought this to the attention of the staff at the front desk who removed it from my bill. My credit card was charged for the $60 after I left. I called the hotel directly, and never heard back from anyone despite leaving messages (the person in the department was never able to answer the phone and I always had to leave a message).

I emailed the parent company. In his response, Marnelli Bacani, the Case Manager for guest relations apologized for the inconvenience and said that someone from the Crowne Plaza would be in touch with me within 48 hours. That was more than a month ago. I am still waiting.

If you are lucky, this may not happen to you. Next time I need a hotel in downtown Richmond, I'm going to try the Omni. Friends who stayed there really enjoyed their experience.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow. Make sure the AC functions properly. Mine was sporadic
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear Bill B, I apologize that this has not been resolved. Please forward your information to sjones@smi-hotelgroup.com so that I can personally take care of this refund.... I will also speak to the case manager and find out why this has not been taken care of before now. Again thank you for sharing this information.

Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night. My company paid for it, so I cannot comment on the value. Very modern rooms with great water pressure in the shower. Things I was not a fan of:
The toilet took literally 15 minutes to fill back up, the bed was very hard (of course this is a personal preference), the walls seemed thin and the gym floor was filthy. I personally would not pick this hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Jesslikestravel, thank for taking the time to review your last stay. I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. Per your input today we have quickly adjusted the water fill in the restroom and have detailed our fitness floor. With the recent purchase of three new treadmills and a new modernized bike we have been moving equipment around to rearrange. Again thank you for your input allowing for quick fixes to better our property..

Reviewed 11 September 2013

We were with a large travel group, who chose the hotel. They could not have made a better choice for a downtown hotel! The staff here is amazing! The hotel itself is quite large, a bit older but very well maintained. The room was clean and comfortable, no issues or complaints at all. It was exactly as you would expect in a Crowne Plaza.
The breakfast buffet offered in the Pavilion restaurant was consistently excellent with full offerings of hot and cold items, including eggs to order. The dining staff was as fabulous as everyone else who works at this hotel. I did not eat any other meals there, but assume the food would be excellent at other meals as well.
What amazed me the most was how the staff handled our large group. There were 5 tour bus loads staying here for a weekend. Some of the guests were, at times, less than pleasant. Not once did I see a staff member anywhere in the hotel, from the bell and shuttle service, concierge desk, bar staff, restaurant staff, housekeeping, anywhere, treat a guest with less than a courteous smile and a helpful answer to questions! I stay in a lot of hotels, and was highly impressed with the staff's patience and professionalism.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and would gladly stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear ca davies, thank you for taking the time to post such a glowing review!!! Southern Hospitality is alive here at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Please return soon...

Reviewed 4 September 2013

The Crowne Plaza Downtown, although part of a well-known chain, manages to make you feel as though you are staying with family. This was our third visit to this hotel, and we were treated like old and dear friends. The facilities are good - our room was very comfortable, and had all the necessary facilities, including free Wifi, fridge, coffee maker, safe etc, and had a glorious view over the river. The showers are good, and the bath was very welcome for a long soak. There is a great swimming pool and hot tub, and the hotel shuttle service was very efficient in getting us to and from restaurants and shops in Shockoe Slip and Shockoe Bottom. The shuttle doesn't go as far as Carytown, but will drop you a few blocks away, so it is only a short walk. There are also computers available for guest use. The staff are wonderful - friendly and efficient, and so welcoming. They are what makes the experience here a special one.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel with a view over the river. One room we were given on the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Dear RandEOZ, thank you for taking the time during your travels to review our hotel. Your comments and observations are greatly appreciated.... Yes what a glorious view!!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We have never stayed at a hotel that is like The Crowne Plaza Downtown. The staff is so caring & treat you like royalty. I had tripped outside & fell due to my own clumsiness & a wonderful woman by the name of Althea came rushing out & grabbed all my bags & myself. She held onto my arm & brought me up to my room where she sat me down & put bags of ice on my injuries. She made sure that I was well taken care of before she left me. I felt like I was in good hands. She made me feel safe & waited on me until she knew I was alright. She was like my guardian angel. Another woman was J L, who came & bandaged me up & made sure that I had everything I needed & didn't leave me alone until my husband arrived. Before leaving me she took photos of my injuries & followed the proper procedures. If we ever go back to Richmond, we are going to stay there. These wonderful people had touched me so that I was crying when we left. If we ever get to go to the Richmond again we will make sure that we stay here.We were truly blessed to stay there.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Greeeaaat
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Greeeaaat, thank you for your wonderful sincere feedback. We are hopeful you are healing and will return soon.