Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown
Omni Richmond Hotel(Richmond)
Linden Row Inn(Richmond)
Richmond Marriott(Richmond)
1,010 results
All reviewsfront deskjames rivershuttle servicevan driverparking garagebreakfast buffethotel shuttlecanal walkexcellent customer servicefree shuttlechecking inshockoe slipconvention centertomastamascrownwalton
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times, most recently over the weekend, and have always had a great experience, if you can get past the rude bellhops that is. I would recommend calling yourself a cab and springing for the extra $$.

Overall, the hotel has a great location, clean & comfortable rooms and generally friendly staff.

My favorite part about this hotel is Ernest the bartender. He is awesome!
From my very first visit I was impressed with Ernest. He was polite, friendly, entertaining, and made me feel comfortable having a drink alone while waiting for my husband's meetings to be over. The second time we stayed at the hotel (many months later) he was there again. Of course I remembered him, but was shocked when he very clearly remembered me, what I drank and our conversations from my prior visit.

Every time I have stayed at the hotel I have made it a point to visit Ernest since he is certain to brighten up my evenings. On one stay with my sister-in-law she was also highly impressed with him. On that occasion an intoxicated guest had wondered in the bar and was attempting to cause the two of us grief and Ernest was able to quickly diffuse the situation, get the guest to go to his room and made it clear that that behavior would not be tolerated on his watch. We were so grateful he was able to recognize a problem before it escalated and made us feel comfortable enough to enjoy our evening as planned. Honestly I should have written this review then with how impressed I was with him.

Over the weekend I again had the pleasure of being served by Ernest. He again impressed me, asking about other trips I had mentioned to him before, asked about my wedding and even my cousin's new baby I had briefly expressed excitement about on a previous stay. It also impressed me that he did this with every customer! Welcoming them by name, asking about their day and remembering their beverage of choice. Having worked in the industry myself, it is one thing to remember regulars, but to remember hotel guests who may not frequent the establishment as much is truly a gift.

On this particular stay he also saw me looking visibly frustrated and annoyed after an unsatisfactory encounter with a courtesy van driver and took the time to stop to check on me, which I'm sure is beyond his realm of responsibilities when other employees would not acknowledge me.

This is the first time I have had any encounters with any rude employees, but I did have to mention the bellhops/courtesy drivers since I saw others had complained about them too. But that's an easy fix, call a cab, self park and carry your own suitcase and you shouldn't have to deal with them. Oh, and go have a drink with Ernest and tip him well!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Michelle, a sincere thank for taking the time to review your experiences with our hotel. Our Front office and Bellstand will be meeting today to discuss customer interactions. I apologize that you had this interaction however I am thank that Ernest came to the rescue. He continues to share his enjoyment for his job and more importantly customer interactions. Hope to seen you soon at the Hotel You Love!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Just finished up a one day conference here for over 100 people - it was a fantastic experience! Lori, the catering director and Ben, the banquet manager are great to work with. No detail was left undone and all requests handled in an efficient manner. Many attendees commented that the food was so much better than the "typical" hotel conference food. The meeting space was well laid out and had everything we needed - not to mention it was quite pretty to look at. Will use them again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Hello VaTravelTales, great to host your Conference with the Crowne Plaza Richmond. Thank you for providing your experience with our team! Lori and Ben along with a host of other employees worked daily to provide the service you deserve....

Reviewed 27 October 2013

The rooms were clean, reasonable size and beds comfortable. It's a bit out of the way but the hotel does run a shuttle bus service and the staff are very helpful. Breakfast is good with a wide choice but I suggest you get the shuttle to eat dinner out as I have never eaten such a tough piece of chicken and the service was slow and indifferent, couldn't wait to pay and get out.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Jane N, thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable input. We apologize that your dinner did not meet your nor our Hotels expectations. Our Food and Beverage team will be discusing to correct. Again thank you for sharing your experience. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We chose this hotel because we wanted somewhere in the centre of the city.

The rooms was a good size, quiet and kept very clean. We stayed for a week and the hotel was very quiet. Breakfast buffet was very good, if a bit limited.

The hotel was close to Carey Street where it is possible to find many interesting restaurants. We were able to walk to most of these in 10 minutes. We could also easily walk to the historic areas of the city around the Civil War museum etc.

The staff were always cheerful and friendly and the shuttle bus drivers were very helpful.

We would go back!

Room Tip: Rooms on the canal side of the hotel are probably quieter and will have a better outlook.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Hello XJREcosse, thank you for your comments.... Many customers are enjoying the multiple choices close within a few blocks of our hotel... As you stated Great Location... We are hoping you return soon..

Reviewed 23 October 2013

The breakfast buffet had plenty to satisfy every taste, and included an omelet station. There was sliced fresh fruit daily, bacon, hash brown potatoes, etc. The shuttle would take you to/from bars & restaurants, as well as the train station and/or airport. The waiting area for the free shuttle is covered and walled in on two sides, so there is a better chance of being protected from inclement weather. The rooms were clean with a USA Today slid under the door or in the hallway daily. The elevators were sufficiently timely. I wish I'd brought my swimsuit as the indoor pool has late hours. It is alongside a highway, and my room faced it, but no highway noise in the room. The only downside, if the free shuttle is out with other customers, it's a 6 block uphill walk to East Broad Street.

Room Tip: The highway view also gives a view of the river and The Federal Reserve building
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Hello reship1, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our breakfast buffet has been a big hit... Please return soon for your River View room and Great Breakfast!