Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$197
  • Pool
US$165
US$142
1,011 results
All reviewsfront deskjames rivershuttle servicevan driverparking garagebreakfast buffethotel shuttlecanal walkexcellent customer servicefree shuttlechecking inshockoe slipconvention centertomastamascrownwalton
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Upon check in I was greeted with outstanding service by Althea F/D. She went out of her way to make sure my mistaken hotel reservation was moved and credited as well as provided me warm service which made me feel that I would very much like to stay at this hotel once again when I return to Richmond.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Hello Mike M, thank you for you comments and input describing your recent stay. We will share your comments of Great Service! Thank you for choosing to stay with the Crowne Plaza as you return to Richmond.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I am a flight attendant for a major airline and this property is our crew hotel. I could go on and on about the wonderful staff at the bar/restaurant, the clean comfortable rooms, and the friendly shuttle drivers because all of that is true. But I'm not. Instead, I would like to sing the praises of the front desk staff during the hours between 0500 on July 29th through 1600 on July 30th.

While boarding our passengers on the early morning flight on July 29th, I realized I had left my engagement ring and my diamond filled wedding band lying on the bed where I had laid them while putting on lotion after my shower. I went into a hysterical panic and quickly called the front desk. The woman on the phone was completely sympathetic and very soothing. She told me to calm down, took my number, and said she would personally go up to the room to look for them. Now, as a flight attendant I've heard COUNTLESS STORIES of a variety of articles being left behind, only to be told "we didn't find anything like that". I couldn't stop the tears. FOUR MINUTES LATER she called me back and said "I've got them right here. Tell me the best way to get them back to you". Not wanting them to be dropped in the mail, I asked if she could hold them for me, and I would return as soon as I could to get them. Well, due to the nature of my job, I couldn't get there until the following afternoon. I was a nervous wreck the entire time, convinced that they would disappear. I called three times to check on them lol. Each staff member I spoke with was friendly, compassionate, and gave me their word that my sentimental, precious rings were safe and sound and would be taken care of. They were true to their word, and my rings are now firmly back on my hand.

I cannot express my gratitude in words, and I strongly regret not getting anyone's name to personally thank them, but Management can surely look back to see who was on duty at the front desk during those 35 hours. I will definitely be sending a small token of my appreciation to them.

Kudos to the Crowne Plaza for hiring first rate, upstanding, trustworthy staff. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to recommend this property to anyone traveling to the historical city of Richmond for business or pleasure. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! You saved a marriage :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear CaribbeanJunkee, this is how all stories should end! We sinerely thank you for sharing this wonderful feedback describing your experience with our hotel and employees. We are proud! Our Best Staff Ever will celebrate your return.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is our second stay in this hotel. It is conveniently located near the highway ( but we didn't hear any traffic noise) and close to all of the downtown attractions.
The front desk and housekeeping staff have been especially nice to us on both stays. They accommodated our schedule and were very friendly. Our room had a view of the James River and the park. The bed was very comfortable and there were the usual amenities in the bathroom.
We are Priority Club members so we were upgraded to Executive Club level. This allows us access to the Club room with complimentary wine, beer and appetizers in the evening and breakfast in the morning.
There is a fee for parking.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Hello Teressa G, thank you for your Loyalty of our IHG Rewards Club! We appreciate you taking the time to provide your valued feedback. PLease return soon your upgraded room awaits!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I've stayed here twice and neither time was something to rave about. The rooms were clean but some seemed very dated in terms of decor. It's a great location if you want access to basically any part of Richmond - you can walk anywhere downtown, or you can jump on the expressway. However, the shuttle and the valet service was HORRENDOUS. I think it's the same person and during busy weekends when they have wedding parties and stuff there needs to be more than one sole man to deal with the influx of people. When I think about my stays at this hotel they are marred by the horrible wait times for shuttle or valet service and I forget anyone else who may or may not have provided good service. I do however, remember the guy at the bar was very friendly - perhaps he's used to people having to wait for excessive periods of time?

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Missmelisss, I would like to thank you for your feedback. I will review with our management team our future schedule needs so that we can improve our valet services. Again thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is the second time I've stayed at this property while visiting my son who attends VCU. All the staff is very friendly. I had trouble with my AC and a kind gentleman Real arrived in 10 minutes to help fix the problem. The priority room I stayed in had a comfortable bed and fancy toiletries. Hotel is located in walking distance to restaurants or the hotel has a shuttle. Street parking is free on the weekends at the meters. Breakfast buffet was included in my room package and delicious. Fresh coffee, omelet station and more. Great value and will continue to stay here.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ScottJones, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Hello Patty G., thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback as I am sure you have been very busy catching up your son at VCU... Southern hospitality and Aithea, what a great combination! We hope to see you soon as you return to visit your son at VCU...