“Housekeeping needs to step it up!”

Courtyard Richmond Northwest/Short Pump
Ranked #31 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
“Housekeeping needs to step it up!”
Reviewed 1 December 2012

My husband, Mother in law and I spent last night at the Courtyard. Check in was great, but when we got to our room I noticed on one of the beds their was a lot of black hair on the comforter. I pulled it down and found even more gross black hair on the blanket. I called the front desk to tell them and she immediately moved us to another room. When she came up to bring the other door cards I had her come and look at the bed. She didn't seem very interested and responded with I have already reported it to housekeeping. The room we stayed in seemed clean, but just the thought of the bed in the other room made me feel uneasy about the cleanliness. I had a very restless night wondering how well they cleaned after each checkout. My husband and I enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub. It was clean and refreshing after a long day of traveling. The bathroom was very clean and the shower had really good water pressure, which sometimes is hard to find in a hotel.Overall I'm glad we only spent one night there.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tammie R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Clarksburg, Maryland
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is modern, the staff is excellent, the room was very comfortable, and breakfast was great!

We had a queen room and the beds were very comfortable.

I particularly liked the lounge area, and that they had an walled in private outside garden.

We didn't use the pool, but it looked inviting.

It is convenient to the Interstate highway and the Short Pump mall.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Bill R
Ernie L, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond Northwest/Short Pump, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Thank you for taking time to relay your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
We are glad that you enjoyed this stay and hope to have you visit us again in the future.
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Hotel is off I64 about 12 miles west of downtown Richmond within yards of Broad Street. The location is in a relatively safe area and less expensive than those near downtown. The hotel is next to a Residence Inn and backs up to a Chipotle. While the beds were comfortable, the hotel needs to change its linens and towels as we noticed worn and frayed bedding and towels.

The rooms need detailed cleaning as this Courtyard is not as clean as the other Courtyards or Marriott properties.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank cran
Dillwyn, Virginia
Reviewed 15 June 2012 via mobile

The staff was great to work with. Clean rooms. Relaxing atmosphere.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank ChuckS861
NYC
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I paid a visit to Richmond, and stayed at this Hotel. Its very modern and clean. A nice indoor pool and small gym . What I like most about this hotel is theyre cafe/restaurant. Theyre TV's at the tables by the window and a Starbucks there as well. I would definetly stay there again.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for breakfast when booking your room.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank gorges36
Fairfax, VA
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I stayed at Courtyard on Business trip. The rooms have been renovated. There is a Bistro bar in the lobby.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
New Philadelphia, Ohio
Reviewed 31 March 2012

First off I make several trips to Richmond a year, and always book on Priceline. I booked two rooms for March 22nd for two nights. Check in was a breeze in the newly remodeled lobby. The rooms were both very clean. It was warm while we were there and the A/C worked fine. The bathrooms were clean. The bed was very comfortable. My only gripe is the so called bar area off the lobby. You could order food, and drinks there. I sat there both nights and watched some NCAA B-Ball. The prices for the food seemed pretty high, but not like the price of a bottle of beer. I could have (should have) bought a six pack for the cost of one of their luke warm beers. Overall for $55.00 a night it was hard to beat.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank NPPD04
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64
Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump
Residence Inn Richmond Northwest/Short Pump
Richmond Marriott Short Pump
Richmond Marriott Short Pump
#6 of 23 in Glen Allen
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64

Been to Courtyard Richmond Northwest/Short Pump? Share your experiences!