“No complaints, only praise”

Courtyard Richmond Northwest/Short Pump
Ranked #36 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“No complaints, only praise”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

As someone who is not that familiar with the Richmond area, this Marriott was conveniently located 10 miles NW of the city, which meant access to all of our stops for Richmond Fashion Week were only 15 minutes away. The rooms were clean, the bed and pillows were comfy and they had all the extras you would really need (extra blankets, iron and ironing board, hair dryer, etc.). The configuration of the room was a little strange, but since I didn't spend a ton of time in it, it worked perfectly. The breakfast in the morning was excellent - fresh scrambled eggs, bacon and toast, and Starbucks coffee. The portion was huge, and this is from a guy who generally eats every last crumb. Great stay and even when my card wouldn't work at 1 a.m., the front desk person was at the front desk, not in a back room or out smoking. The jacuzzi was closed for repairs, but the pool was open. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Charleston, SC
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I had only stayed at the Courtyard for one night, but had an overall fantastic experience. The front desk staff was very friendly at check in and check out, the room was clean with the added bonus of having a micro/fridge unit, the WiFi worked really well and the morning Bistro had a great Egg BLT Sandwich (with more friendly staff)! The location is very close to a really nice mall and there are many shops / restaurants nearby. I would definitely recommend to a colleague or friend!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Just back from a three night stay at this property. Location in the Innsbrook area of Richmond is great, as there's a world of retail and restaurants within a few miles and the hotel is in a safe and generally pleasant area. The hotel itself was standard Courtyard fare, perfectly fine, but not all that memorable. Our King room was a bit smaller than average. The room did have a pull-out sofa bed, which according to my son, was VERY uncomfortable. The TV was perhaps a little small for the room, (probably 32 inch) and was placed at a right angle from the King bed, which made in-bed viewing somewhat awkward. (My room configuration necessitated this location). TV reception was good and included a variety of HD channels. I wish the room would have included a small frig. This was one negative.

I agree with other trip advisor reviews that stated that there was some noticeable hallway noise, as guestroom doors do not fit snugly and there's significant light appearing below the door. I would encourage guests that are noise sensitive to request a top floor room at one end of the hallway. Generally the quietest exposure is to the southwest facing to the adjacent Panera Bread.

The indoor pool was pleasant and well maintained, although sadly the whirlpool was closed for maintenance during my entire stay. I didn't use the restaurant option.

I found the front desk staff to be pleasant and hospitable. The lobby area had the newer upgraded Courtyard design. It was inviting and comfortable and included computers with free Internet and a big screen TV with a full assortment of satellite channels.

All in all, a good stay, but not a remarkable one. The Courtyard is solid choice if you can secure a competitive rate. If you're a business traveler on an expense account, there are perhaps better, newer options nearby.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
ernie3950, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond Northwest/Short Pump, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
I am sorry that your son found the sofa sleeper to be uncomfortable. Generally we are told that for a sofa sleeper they are better than most. I am glad to let you know that we are in the process of installing more refrigerators and by the end of the year all rooms will have them. Should your travels bring you back to Richmond, please consider staying with us again.
Thank you for your comments regarding our Staff.
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We recently stayed here for a youth soccer tournament.
Pros: very clean, nice personnel at the front desk, decent food and drink options in the café, great location with lots of restaurants in a 5 minute drive.
Cons: You hear EVERYTHING in the hallway, we might as well have had our door open. We could also hear the people in the room above us walking back and forth - we appreciated the 6:30am wake-up. The bed was really uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
I am sorry that you found our beds to be uncomfortable, and that it was noisy during your stay from the large soccer tournament that we hosted. We do our very best to keep the hallways quiet but it is a challenge with 300 people in the hotel. Thank you for your kind comments regarding my staff. Should your travels bring you back to Richmond, please consider staying with us again.
IOWA
Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

The front desk people are really great stayed for 3 days and all were willing to go out of their way for you. Also remembered your name by the end if 1st day. Breakfast was great. Workout room small but nice equipment. Pool really nice. Rooms were nice too. Centrally located to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed July 2012
Berlin, Connecticut
Reviewed 21 January 2013 via mobile

I am always cautious about a pet friendly place. You hear stories of urine smelly rooms, and pet hair everywhere, and this place was super clean and an attentive staff. I read the reviews of housekeeping issues, I think they must have fixed it. I have no complaints about it.

• Stayed January 2013
Lebanon, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 December 2012 via mobile

I was a little concerned about my decision to stop here with the recent reviews (mental note: check trip advisor in the parking lot!). It looks like they have cleaned up their housekeeping problems! Our room was on the 3rd floor and was very clean. In fact, the room smelled like the carpets had recently been steam cleaned. Everything in the room was very clean; sheets, rug, chair, bathroom. I was happy everything turned out well! I did hear running water early in the morning from adjacent or upstairs room, be warned walls/ceiling is thin! I would recommend this place for the price.

• Stayed December 2012
Ernie L, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond Northwest/Short Pump, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Thank you for the positive comments from your recent stay.
We strive to provide all guests with the best possible experience when they choose our hotel.
Should your travels bring you back to our area we hope you will choose to stay with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Residence Inn Richmond Northwest/Short Pump
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64
SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest
Richmond Marriott Short Pump
Richmond Marriott Short Pump
#6 of 23 in Glen Allen
Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Innsbrook

Been to Courtyard Richmond Northwest/Short Pump? Share your experiences!