This hotel is located across the street from the capitol building and in the center of the downtown area. Short walk to most downtown attractions. My room/ bathroom were large and comfortable. The bathroom had heated towel rack and a bidet (if your into that sort of thing). I found the service to helpful and informative.
There are a few drawback however. One being the tiny elevators (they are rated for 10 people however i don't think more than 3 adults could be on one at the same time (and 3 is really pushing it). The walls are very thin in the rooms and can hear your neighbors pretty easily. They also play this lame music throughout the hotel which you can hear in your room form the hallway.
I think this would be a good choice if they lowered their rates. I'm all about "you get what you pay for" but i do not feel that this is the case with the current rates they are charging. If it was not for its great central location I would not recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You may think you know The Commonwealth, as it has been a landmark hotel in Richmond for over 100 years. And much of what we have been known for—excellent service, spacious suites, and a location that can't be beat—remains. But we have totally reinvented ourselves, and now offer a uniquely Richmond experience. From the tattooed entrance doors on our suites (did you know that RVA is the 5th most tattooed city in America?), to furniture and art hand crafted from some of the area's most talented artisans, to java from Richmond's own Black Hand Coffee Company, The Commonwealth will surprise and delight you at every turn. All guestrooms feature: Handcrafted furnishings and artwork from local Virginia artisans and artists; Beds with Simmons Beautyrest mattresses, luxurious cotton sheeting and your choice of pillow firmness; 50” flat screen TV with HD programming; Complimentary high speed wired & wireless internet; Clock radio with bluetooth music streaming; Refrigerator/freezer & microwave ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your The Commonwealth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Commonwealth Park Hotel Richmond
- Commonwealth Park Richmond