“Good Service”

The Commonwealth
Ranked #27 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Best part of the hotel is the staff. Everyone is very friendly. Especially James P., in the restaurant....can't get much better service than what he provides.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Brian18358
CommonwealthPark, General Manager at The Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Sincerely Anshu Kapoor

Reviewed 21 March 2012

We stayed a night at this hotel and in all it was a decent enough pick. Could’ve done with breakfast included with the rate and we opted to park across the street for free rather than use paid parking (the city is dead at weekends so no need for paid parking). It is right across from the Capitol but we didn’t get a view of it from our room. It was walking distance to a couple of the sites but there aren't many places to eat or drink nearby… though Richmond is pretty sleepy anyway. It was clean and comfortable but somehow didn’t meet expectations. Staff were so so, poor coffee in the rooms, but does have useful free wi-fi.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BorderRambler

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post a review . We value you as a guest, appreciate your patronage, and hope to see you again in the near future. I have conveyed your nice comments to James. Sincerely Anshu Kapoor

Reviewed 19 March 2012

NIce hotel with accommodating staff. We arrived, and immediately upon entering the hotel we were asked if we needed help with luggage or parking. Our AC was not working so they quickly got us transferred to a larger room within 15 minutes. The hotel is older but nice. The bathrooms had bidets and towel warmers and were very clean. The beds were comfortable we had a fridge and microwave along with a small coffee maker. There was no view, but it was quiet and we felt very safe. The only problem would be the elevators. They were very small due to the age of the building so if you had a lot of luggage or a large family, you may have to make two trips.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank kcdavidson
CommonwealthPark, General Manager at The Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Reviewed 17 March 2012

I stayed in the hotel for a week for work. I not a city person but the staff of the hotel made me feel like I was at home Thank You and a special thanks to Mr .James in the restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel for two months on business. I must say that the customer service was consistently FANTASTIC. Everyone in hotel had a smile on their face and was always willing to help me, even when I didn't ask or need it. They are all knowledgeable of the area and were able to give me (a native Texan) recommendations to places of interest. I should specifically mention the staff at the restaurant, Maxines, especially James. Not only did I get to have an amazing hot breakfast each morning, but he was probably the most on-point server I have ever had! He knew exactly what I wanted to drink as soon as I walked in, pulled out my chair, and even made my to-go coffee for me before I left for work.

What else can I say? Room was nice and very clean, location great (if you work near the Capitol). The only thing I didn't like has nothing to do with the hotel itself: most of the establishments in the area cater to the legislative session schedule. By this I mean, they close early/ keep odd hours. This was only inconvenient for me because I prefer walking to driving.

Overall: Wonderful stay!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Monique A

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Picked this Hotel based off a friends recommendation and I will continue the favor for all of My friends. Staff went above and beyond to be accommodating. Originally only booked for one night our plans changed but the Hotel was booked... Nicole at the desk told me it was not an issue and to enjoy our night. Just a sure as promised, she made space for us and we did not even change rooms. Walking distance to great restaurants and venues. Forget about a cab....Valet will drop you off and pick you up in your personal car for a small Gratuity. Will not hesitate to return and recommend to all.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pir8GC

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review . We value you as a guest, appreciate your patronage, and hope to see you again in the near future. I have conveyed your nice comments to Nicole.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

My boyfriend and I always want to get away to the city on a Romance Weekend and we definately enjoy statying over and over at the commonwealth park suites simply because its devinely inspired.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple