“OMG!!!! TALKING ABOUT REAL SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY!!!”
Review of The Commonwealth

The Commonwealth
Ranked #27 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I recently had the pleasure to stay at this hotel and can't wait to return. I have traveled extensively and can't remember when I was treated so kindly and attentively. Thank you so much for taking care of me and making my stay memorable. I'LL BE BACK VERY SOON!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Gilbert T
CommonwealthPark, General Manager at The Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and your kind words. I will share your comments with the rest of the team and look forward to a future visit. We are happy that you enjoyed your trip to our Hotel.

There are newer reviews for The Commonwealth

Reviewed 8 April 2013

James P restored my faith in great customer service. He was on top of his job and his experience really showed through his service and interaction. He was kind, polite, and worked to ensure I had a great experience at the hotel. I would return to this hotel because of James P.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and your kind words. I will share your comments with James and the rest of the team and look forward to a future visit. We are happy that you enjoyed your trip to our Hotel.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

James P was a wonderful breath of fresh air during my stay in Richmond. He works in the restaurant and is a terrific customer-service gentleman.

I will be going back to the Commonwealth Parks Suites during my next stay in Richmond

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 March 2013

We arrived ahead of time in town and I called to see if I could get early arrival. We had booked our reservation online and the front desk could not find our reservation on their books. I managed to look up the email on my phone and they found that it had never "ported" over. That being said, the front desk did get me a room early!! All was good except when I got to the room and looked out the window. I must preface this comment by saying it was through no fault whatsoever of the hotel itself, but it's just that the room we had (401) was directly outside some part of the roof access with pipes and equipment. Pretty unsightly! I never said anything so I never go to find out if they would have changed the room. Otherwise the room itself was comfortable and had everything we needed.

Everything else was great. Henry at the front desk was most accomodating. He allowed us to leave our car at the hotel after we checked out and put our luggage in the luggage hold area so we could sightsee. The valet guys were very polite and friendly. James P. who ran the breakfast room was charming and very helpful, especially since we were straggled in at the last moment. All in all we had a really nice stay and we would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask where the room is if that is something you consider high priority. Internet is a breeze to get...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and your kind words. I am sorry that you were not upgraded to a suite which we usually do if we have one available, we look forward to a future visit. We are happy that you enjoyed your trip to our Hotel.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

I really enjoyed my stay. My only complaints were that the room was very cold and did not have great lighting. The room was very clean, nicely decorated, and the staff was incredible! At breakfast I met James P. and found him to be the nicest man I have ever met while traveling.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the side of the building where the bus stop is located.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
CommonwealthPark, General Manager at The Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post a review . I apologize for the temperature in your room. I would appreciate a quick call from you so that we can check the heat in the room you stayed.We are in the process of putting new lamps in the rooms, all the rooms should be done by end of this week. I will share your comments with James and the rest of the team and look forward to a future visit. We are happy that you enjoyed your trip to our Hotel.

Reviewed 1 March 2013

Excellent hotel for both short-term and long-term stay. The suites are spacious and accommodating for guests one may have during an extended stay. Everything was very clean and neat. The staff is great and always helpful. The management staff is equally pleasant to work with. James, who manages the breakfast restaurant, is top of the line and will ensure your morning is off to a great start with his cheerful and encouraging personality. You cannot beat the convenience of the location. Overall, a great stay each time.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank A T

Reviewed 30 January 2013

I stayed at this hotel as a member of the legislative team for the college I attend. The suite was very comfortable and adequately appointed. Breakfast the next morning was wonderful, if not for the food, then definitely for the service. James P. was a great waiter. After having worked in foodservice for a number of years, I can honestly say that I would be honored to work in a restaurant with him. I have had service equal to, but never better than what he provided. I would recommend the Commonwealth Park Suites to ANYONE coming to Richmond.

Room Tip: 1106 was wonderful. Rooms toward the back and right coming off the elevator have very little street...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
CommonwealthPark, General Manager at The Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and your kind words. We look forward to a future visit. We are happy that you enjoyed your trip to our Hotel.