I do Not know why we got the suite for wheelchair guests, but I feel sorry for them. No view, dark and the worst shower I have seen worldwide. In India you got a bucket and a ladle, that was superior to this one.
I would recommend that your director should spend 2 or 3 nights with his wife or girl friend there!
By the way you had to wait for about 3 minutes before there was hot water.
The staff was very nice, they should work at another place, pity for them.
I was stupid, chose this hotel because it was in the center of town. Never again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You may think you know The Commonwealth, as it has been a landmark hotel in Richmond for over 100 years. And much of what we have been known for—excellent service, spacious suites, and a location that can't be beat—remains. But we have totally reinvented ourselves, and now offer a uniquely Richmond experience. From the tattooed entrance doors on our suites (did you know that RVA is the 5th most tattooed city in America?), to furniture and art hand crafted from some of the area's most talented artisans, to java from Richmond's own Black Hand Coffee Company, The Commonwealth will surprise and delight you at every turn. All guestrooms feature: Handcrafted furnishings and artwork from local Virginia artisans and artists; Beds with Simmons Beautyrest mattresses, luxurious cotton sheeting and your choice of pillow firmness; 50” flat screen TV with HD programming; Complimentary high speed wired & wireless internet; Clock radio with bluetooth music streaming; Refrigerator/freezer & microwave ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your The Commonwealth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Commonwealth Park Hotel Richmond
- Commonwealth Park Richmond