Hyatt Place Richmond / Arboretum
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Motel 6(Richmond)
Midlothian Inn(Richmond)
View Hotel
All reviewsoutdoor poolsitting areatwo double bedspull out sofalacrosse tournamentnice hotelclean towelsrooms are largebreakfast barup to datebusiness travelmini fridgea great staywould stay here againfree breakfasthotel roomfront desk clerk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 September 2012

"Welcome to a Different Place" is the slogan for this hotel, and different it sure is, but not in a good way. Where do I begin?

Check-in was fine, and the girl at the desk was nice and friendly, but when I glanced straight up at te ceiling a few ceiling tiles have turned brown from water damage. No biggie, but still an quality issue from an appearance stand-point.

The hotel has a funky flower perfumey smell like it's trying to mask something. When we got to our room on the 5th floor, it smelled musty/moldy, which really bothered by sinuses.

As soon as I walked in the room I wanted to leave. It just had a gross feeling and the smell didn't help. It didn't feel clean, and the tub had weird suction marks on it, probably from an old tub mat or something. I showered with my flip-flops on.

We were going to stay 2 nights to see some historical sites in the area, but we promptly canceled our 2nd night and moved to another hotel closer to the outer banks (which is our final destination).

Breakfast was also inedible. My husband poured a glass of milk and discovered it was sour when he took a sip. The waffles tasted like cardboard and the coffee was not good at all....I dumped it after a sip.

We went back to our room to finish packing and my husband had to use the restroom before we hit the road. Well, someone from the cleaning staff opened our door when we were still inside and saw my husband using the bathroom. We did not check out of our room yet, so I have no idea why the staff member thought it was okay to open our door. In all honesty, we thought this bathroom circumstance was pretty funny, but our privacy was not respected either, which was just icing on the cake to our experience at this "different place."

We've never stayed at a Hyatt before, and we never will again. We are peacefully enjoying our stay at a Hilton right now.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephanie S
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We recently stayed here with our softball team. One of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. Service was great!!! The staff was very friendly. And even though it was over !! groups checking in at the same time, check in was a breeze.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We stay at this hotel each time we visit Richmond. The service is always excellent, the rooms spacious, comfortable, and clean, and the location is excellent for shopping and restaurants! There is an Olive Garden and a couple of other restaurants nearby. The rooms and bathrooms are renovated and well maintained. Our stay was quiet.
The continental breakfast is one of the best, in my opinion, with plenty of healthy choices such as fresh fruit and yogurt. You can also order hot breakfast combinations from the menu (not included in the free breakfast).

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I was in town for a business conference, but did not want to stay at the host hotel because it had bad reviews on trip advisor. I saw that this hotel was close to the host hotel and had great reviews. I decided to give it a shot. I was very pleasantly surprised as I had never stayed at a Hyatt Place hotel. The staff was very friendly, the room was nice and spacious and beds were comfortable. The only drawback to the room was the water pressure in the morning. I guess the water pressure was low due to larger numbers of guests using the showers, etc. in the morning. I am not sure if this happened to other guests at the hotel. Other than that, I have no complaints. The breakfast bar in the morning was great also. There were hot sandwiches and a variety of other breakfast items to choose from. Although the hotel has a gym, guests can also use the Gold's gym that is within walking distance from the hotel. In addition, there is a HUGE mall right down the street from the hotel and lots of places to eat nearby. Great deal!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I had never stayed at a Hyatt Place before and was pleasantly surprised by the whole experience. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The room was huge. I didn't expect it to have a sectional sofa and fridge. The bathroom was small but had a nice shower. The large flat panel was nice even though a couple of the channels were a bit garbled. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable with good pillows. The hotel itself is in a business area so there aren't close but there are a lot to choose from within a couple of miles.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business