“Great place to get away from it all and yet not miss a thing”

Hyatt Place Richmond / Arboretum
Ranked #16 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 11 June 2013

When traveling in Richmond, you can't go wrong heading the to Hyatt Place at the Arboretum. This visit, I was welcomed and greeted and feted (food and drink) by Katrina, Courtland and Julia. A strong team who are yet another reason I seek out Hyatt Place hotels. Not even near where I need to be tomorrow, after showing up at the hotel I originally booked near the destination, I cancelled that reservation to find civilization and comfort. Hats off to a great staff!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 June 2013

We were on our book tour and had the advantage of staying here for three nights while doing talks and workshops in Richmond. The location was convenient the staff were friendly and very helpful. the rooms were clean and a great value. The only thing not in the room was a microwave but there was one in the breakfast room that was available all the time. it became our home away from home and so far the best stay we have had on this trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My husband and I stayed one night here for a great price we found on Hotwire! The location is wonderful- close to many restaurants and shops. The room was very large and modern. We would recommend to friends!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I am just back from a "girlfriends" get-away to Richmond and we spent 2 nights at the Hyatt Place Arboretum. It was terrific! We had adjoining rooms and were impressed with how well it set up for our little group. The rooms are spacious and well furnished. We thoroughly enjoyed the separate "living room" and it made it so easy for us to kick back, relax and enjoy visiting with each other. Housekeeping does a fabulous job. The place is spotlessly clean and the entire staff is so accommodating and helpful. Excellent breakfasts, too. I don't hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 May 2013 via mobile

The decor is modern and comfortable. The on-site barista is a definite perk. However, the hallway outside of the room and the room smelled very damp and musty. The bathroom was extremely small for such a spacious room. The staff was very polite and helpful, but there was often not enough people at the front desk. I always had to wait for assistance whether at the desk or phone call. The hotel is centrally located with easy access to food and shopping.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Cwoods9
Reviewed 15 May 2013

My husband I celebrated our first anniversary together in Richmond, VA. We could not get over how beautiful the inside of the Hyatt Place is and how much we got for our money. The rooms are immaculate. The service was so kind and we were able to check in early and rest before our dinner out in the city. Could not have a found a more perfect location, hotel, and anniversary destination. Loved Richmond and the Hyatt Place Richmond/Arboretum!

Room Tip: King bed with sitting area and large flat screen TV are worth the fare
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kmcarver
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night while attending a Special Olympics training session. I checked in with my group around 7pm. They only have one computer for check in, so it went slowly. They do have a very comfortable lobby to wait in with lots of tables and chairs. Food and drinks are also sold right next to check in. I had a double double room on the 5th floor. It was very spacious and nicely decorated. I had a sectional sofa, desk and chair, wet bar with fridge and plenty of lighting options. The beds were very firm. They have those new small square feather pillows on the bed. What is up with this? I did not sleep well due to those annoying tiny pillows. The bathroom has a toilet and shower and a locking door. Next to that is the sink and dressing area and a nice size closet with ironing board and iron and a full length mirror. This was a very nice feature. I had a very large flat screen tv, however, I could not figure out the remote, so I did not use it. I found the room to be warm even with the a/c on. The room comes with a single serve coffee maker and a decent hairdryer. There is no room service, so I went back down to the lobby to order a sandwich. It took over 30 minutes and was not very good. Quite expensive too. I purchased a bottle of diet soda and asked for a glass of ice. They did not offer this, so I handed them my special olympics plastic cup and they filled that with ice for me. The staff was very nice. Breakfast the next morning was good. Several things to choose from...hot and cold. Food is replenished rather quickly when it runs low. The hotel seemed very clean which is important to me. The meeting room we had was FREEZING and the chairs were not very comfy, but not a big deal. All in all I enjoyed the stay and would not mind staying there again for another training session.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business