“Excellent Three-Night Stay!”

Super 8 Richmond/Chamberlayne Rd
Ranked #51 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I was in Richmond for three nights and chose this hotel based on the rate and the previous favorable reviews. It did not disappoint! The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. My room was clean and comfortable, although one dresser drawer was missing and the room safe did not work. (The safe fee was removed from my bill.) The bed provided a good night's sleep. The shower had good height and water pressure. I used the wi-fi quite a bit, and I found the speed to be very good. Although a free breakfast was offered, I did not try it. The hotel also has an elevator, and there was a luggage cart for patrons to use. Some previous reviews commented about the area being sketchy. Although the Days Inn next door looked as if it could have been managed by Norman Bates, I did not find any problems with this hotel. In fact, there were several out-of-town cars in the lot, a sign that the hotel is frequented by travelers. It is convenient to the interstate, and there are amenities (store, gas, fast food) within a short drive. (Chamberlayne Road is not the most scenic road I've ever seen.) All in all, this is an excellent choice for a one-night stay or for several nights. When I return to the Richmond area, I plan to visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Super8chamberlayne, General Manager at Super 8 Richmond/Chamberlayne Rd, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Thank you very much for your time, we always welcome you as Super 8 Chamberlayne Guest, and we will try to give best possible service to our guest, Thank you once again and see you soon ..

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Our non-smoking room with two queen beds had everything we needed. Good microwave, refrigerator, and TV, comfy beds, very clean bathroom with the usual soaps and shampoo, generous and convenient ice machine. Breakfast was very ordinary (no waffle machine!) but adequate. Front desk people were helpful and kind. No problems at all. We did not need the elevator since we stayed on the ground floor, but there is one.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Thank you. Its really nice to hear back from our guest and we apriciate you taking your time. Please be our guest when ever you visit Richmond, VA,and give us chance to serve you.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

I couldn't find an affordable hotel, then we pulled into this. It was such a nice one we stayed 2 nights. Super soft beds and fluffy pillows clean room. Hotel personnel at desk were super friendly and helped me with directions and greeted me by name. Rates were unbelievable compared to others I call to. But watch out for safe deposit. I didn't need it and they did give me the cost back when I asked them to. I had a wonderful time.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Super8chamberlayne, General Manager at Super 8 Richmond/Chamberlayne Rd, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2012

Mr.Lois, Thank you very much for positive feed back, That really encourage us and help us to improve our quality of service and place. Hopefully we will see you again when you back in Richmond, once again thank you very much for taking your time.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Front desk person was very accomodating, the room was clean, and I got the refrigerator in my room that I had requested. Bed and pillows were comfortable, and sheets were nice and clean.
The negatives were: the coffee maker in my room was very dirty and had sticky white stuff in it, and there were a lot of doors slamming in the morning which woke me up earlier than I intended.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Brenda M
Super8chamberlayne, Manager at Super 8 Richmond/Chamberlayne Rd, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Thanks for taking the time to respond! We are now in the process of complete renovations to all rooms with the new look & design. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area

Reviewed 26 February 2012

We had a dog in tow, so this place worked out perfect and the price was right (cheap)! As others have mentioned the location is a little shady. I wouldn't stay here for more than an overnight visit and if I was dog-less I would have chosen another place.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank KATHLEEN A

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We are pet friendly and realize he is also an important member of your family and likes to travel. Thanks for your review and hope to see you again on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

The accommodation was well located to the I-95 & 295 intersection...Price point was very good as well...The room well appointed & clean. Breakfast sufficient...The "removable" shower head had been modified so it could not be separated from the vertical bar that elevates and holds the unit in place... Arthritic hands were unable to lock the shower head in place...A poorly designed unit in the first place... this shower unit did not start the day well...The old "safe fee" scam provided further irritation at check out...carracar

Room Tip: Make sure the accessible unit meets the guests needs.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Thanks for your comments! We need our guest to give suggestions for improvements and to make a better guest experience. We are new management and have started to renovate all guest rooms. Hope you will stop again and see our changes

Reviewed 5 January 2012

I have stayed here before and find it to be clean, reasonably priced and best of all they allow pets with a modest fee.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MarylandJules

Thanks for taking the time to post your comments! We are working to improve the guest experience with all new rooms & lobby area. Hope to see you on your next trip to the area

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Sleep Inn
Days Inn Glen Allen
#19 of 23 in Glen Allen
Best Western Plus Glen Allen Inn
Best Western Executive Hotel

Been to Super 8 Richmond/Chamberlayne Rd? Share your experiences!