“tattoo conv 2012”

Ranked #21 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Hubert, North Carolina, United States
“tattoo conv 2012”
Reviewed 22 November 2012

stayed here this year for the tattoo conv. and was very happy with the place, the staff, the room, and the view! would definately stay here next year! and the sports bar is a good place to eat+ have a few beers!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed 22 November 2012

I recently stayed here after my wedding and the lobby is quite nice but once you enter the rooms they are quite disappointing for a Marriott. The staff was great to work with though! We had a mini fridge in our room only because it was requested beforehand, I found it very surprising that was not standard for a hotel like this. Not a bad place, but for the money there are better places in downtown Richmond to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Scott_Paradine, Manager at Richmond Marriott, responded to this review, 15 January 2013
Thank you for your feedback JenniferW. I apologize for the delay in my response to your comments.

First and foremost, congratulations on your marriage! Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your special night, I am glad that our excellent staff was able to add to your experience. I am sorry, however, that you found our guestrooms to be disappointing. We work constantly to ensure that all of our guests enter a clean, crisp room each time they come back to our hotel, and it sounds like this was not the case during your stay with us. You'll be glad to know that in addition to putting brand new beds and upgrading the pillows in each of our 410 rooms, we have also just completed a building-wide deep clean and carpet shampooing that I believe may address some of what you experienced in our rooms. I hope the next time you have the opportunity to stay in downtown Richmond, you might come back to the Richmond Marriott for a repeat of the excellent service you received from our staff, and that you will see an improved guestroom while you're here.

Hearing your observations allows us the opportunity to provide you and all of our guests with a better experience on your next visit, and I appreciate the time that you've taken to provide that feedback.
tubbyl0ve
Reviewed 13 November 2012

My wife stayed at the hotel this past weekend for the Richmond Marriott and we were thoroughly disappointed. The first problem was the fact that we were told during check in that the hotel could not honor any late checkout requests due to another event set to take place at the hotel. While we realize that it was just a request and the hotel does have other customers, it would have been nice to have been notified of this prior to check in considering my wife would not finish the race till after check out and thus have nowhere to shower. In addition, the dining situation was a mess and the restaurant and bar seemed woefully understaffed. Again we realized that there was a large influx of customers but the hotel had ample notification and should have been prepared. The biggest complaint that we had was that the shower only came to a light trickle and was hardly enough water to even get soap off your body. This was incredibly challenging and unacceptable for a hotel of this supposed caliber. We did not make any attempt to call maintenance or change rooms because we were on a tight schedule for the start of the race and realized any complaint would have just slowed us down. Overall we were thoroughly disappointed with the stay and would not likely return to the hotel for any future trips to Richmond. In addition to our complaints, the hotel is old and somewhat ragged. It is certainly not worth the luxury designation on the website.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tubbyl0ve
Thank you for your feedback, tubbyl0ve. I apologize for the delay in my response.

I apologize that the service you experienced throughout your stay was not up to our usual standards. I can assure you that we value your feedback and will put it to good use as we continue to improve, every day. For starters, I agree with you that we could have notified you prior to your arrival that we would not be able to extend late checkouts on the day of the Richmond Marathon, and I am sorry that we did not. We will be doing so in the future, and have made other changes in our processes to ensure the satisfaction of the very large number of guests that we welcome for that event each November. I am also sorry that T-Miller's Sports Bar & Grill seemed to be understaffed the evening prior to the race. I can assure you that we do prepare in advance for that night, as we do for all special events, including staffing and offering a special carb-heavy menu for our race participants. I am sorry that our preparation was not evident in your experience. Your lack of water pressure is similarly disappointing, and I can only imagine your frustration as you tried to get ready for an early race start.
I would like to address the specifics of your stay directly, and see what we might do to bring you back to the Richmond Marriott on your next visit to Virginia's capital city, perhaps for the 2013 Anthem Richmond Marathon on November 16. If you'd like, I can be reached directly at scott.paradine@whitelodging.com, and would look forward to the opportunity.

Hearing your observations allows us the opportunity to provide you and all of our guests with a better experience on your next visit, and I appreciate the time that you've taken to provide your feedback. We can't fix problems if we don't know about them. Thank you.
Monterey, California
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Very nice hotel, food was delicious, building and ameneties are very nice to be in. Had some reservation issues. We reserved two adjoining rooms with a King in one and 2 queens in the other. They gave us two rooms with two queens each. Check in is supposed to be at 4:00. We arrive at 4:30 and the rooms weren't ready until 6:45. While we waited in the lobby, they tried to make amends with free Starbucks and Dinner. They ended up comping us breakfast too. Appreciated trying to make amends for the inconvenience. Quality establishments do that. Meanwhile be forewarned about checking in when there are big events in town!
Also, they wanted $12.95 for 1 day Wi-Fi.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms. We were near elevators and laundry and didn't notice. Pick any room.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 November 2012

The hotel rooms, service, food, experience met all my high Marriott standards. I really think they need to build some hotels down in Carrytown. That is a very unique area in town. BUT THEY HAVE A STARBUCKS ON SITE!!! They also have an indoor pool that is perfect for kids.

Room Tip: High floor, city view
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Massanutten, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Sure, it was a Tourism and Hospitality Industry conference, but as usual, the staff was welcoming and attentive. Enjoyed the live Jazz in the Lobby Lounge very much! The Shuttle driver is terrific and knows his Richmond Restaurants.

Room Tip: My Marriott Rewards Preferences always help me with a spacious room with a mini fridge and extra pil...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Immaculate property, fantastic location and the friendly and attentive staff were universally professional hospitality embodied.

Why oh why does such a place feel it necessary to (excessively) charge for wifi?!?

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business