Richmond Marriott
US$166
Doubletree.com
US$135
US$123
All reviewsthe concierge loungeconvention centervalet parkingfront desk staffhotel restaurantgreat customer servicedowntown areaup to datehotel staffnice staybed was comfortablevalet servicechecking inindoor poolstarbucksdawnlobby
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed for 5 nights over July 3-7, and did most of our eating in the room, since our conference was taking place in the Coliseum next door. Housekeeping staff was invisible, but every afternoon we came back to a nice clean room with even our own stuff carefully arranged. The hotel staff also accommodated a few unusual requests and NEVER said "sorry, we can't do that." (Once, I needed a LOT of one dollar bills, and the woman at the front desk cheerfully gave me every last $1.00 bill they had.) The bell staff was also very efficient and flexible - we needed extra time before checking out, and the bell man went away after partially loading the cart and returned an hour later so we could finish getting ready. Only downer the whole time was that the exercise room had several broken machines that hadn't been repaired. Even so, I was able to get in 2 abbreviated workouts.

Room Tip: This was our second stay at the hotel, and both times our room was great.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Really friendly hotel staff, probably the most personable staff I have ever dealt with. Everyone went out of there way to accommodate and seemed very genuine. Spotless room, and the breakfast buffet in the restaurant was very good. Would certainly return next time in Richmond.

Room Tip: King Room had plenty of space, room was on the parking garage side, but was extremely quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Got in late at night. I am Marriott Gold. Barely acknowledged me at checkout. I had booked a room with a king bed guaranteed. Given a room with 2 queen beds and the man at the counter on the far left did not even bother to mention that to me, I don't fuss, so I didn't call down despite feeling like it and expressing my displeasure.

The room was average size. The bathroom was small. One of my pillow cases had streaks of something chocolate colored across it. There was a nose remnant in the shower. I am not kidding.

Concierge lounge was the only decent thing. Food wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either.

You could do much better for the price in Richmond,

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
andy s, General Manager at Richmond Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

FTLAW,
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you did not have a great stay at the Richmond Marriott. We take a lot of pride in what we do and it is clear we missed the mark with you. I have shared your comments with my team and we are committed to making sure that others do have the same experience as you.
Thanks for helping us to continue to work to get better each day. i hope you will choose to stay with us next time and thank you for being a gold member with Marriott. We appreciate your loyalty.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Standard large, full service hotel. Non-descript in both interior and exterior appearance however, the staff are outstanding in every respect. Rooms are good size, but have a bit of wear and tear showing. Good size, well equipped fitness center. Reasonable priced breakfast lunch and dinner buffets offered; I had breakfast and lunch and food quality was high. Adjacent to and connected by walkway to the Richmond Convention Center; not in the heart of the business district, but not far away. Not much else in the immediate vicinity.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The last time i stayed here was years ago and it needed an upgrade bad. Well.. my stay over the weekend was great. The service and professionalism was A+. They have really made a lot of changes to the hotel and rooms. I really liked the upgrade of the gym and pool area. Great job. I don't have one bad thing to say about the hotel. I would definetly stay again.

Room Tip: our room overlooked the Colosieum. You get to see the sunrise every morning.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family