“Decent Hotel Valet Parking are crooks”
Review of Richmond Marriott

Richmond Marriott
Ranked #22 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Holtsville, New York
“Decent Hotel Valet Parking are crooks”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We recently spent 5 days at this hotel and the place was nice and accommodating. However the Valet parking people are a bunch of crooks. They went through my center console in my car and stole my broken Iphone. I didn't notice until about a 1/4 way home to NY when i went to listen to music on it through my car. It was there on the way down and the ONLY time my car was out of my possession was when they parked my car. I am one of those people that don't allow anyone to drive my car. I always self park but the option down there was a complete rip off. 17 dollars every-time you went in and out of the self park or 26 dollars for the day valet and come in and out as much as you want. Anyone who knows swimming especially that meet you and in and out often. I have notified the swim organization and if the meet is down there again I will suggest we look else where. I hate crooks and hate the fact they went through my car.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Andy S, Manager at Richmond Marriott, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Eric11546,
Thank you for your comments about the nice accommodations. I am sorry that your broken iphone came up missing from your car. I did investigate with the Valet Manager but we were unable to locate it. I am hopeful that it turned up. The city owns the parking garages in town and they set the rates on the self-parking garages. it is actually $17 per day, not every time you go in and out. Our valet pricing is in line with the other hotels in the market and less than you would pay at a downtown hotel in most markets.
Please feel free to contact me directly next time your travels bring you to Richmond and I will be happy to take care of your valet charges as a measure of good faith and a way to say thank you for your loyalty.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
baltimore
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Was in Richmond for a conference that was being held at the Marriott and the neighboring Convention Center. Staff -- particularly the front desk staff -- was extremely welcoming and pleasant. I wound up on the Club Level and it was terrific - my room was recently renovated and I had a nice view, plus got to enjoy a hot breakfast the last morning.

The hotel is attached to the Convention Center via a garage -- which came in handy, due to some rainy weather. Plus there was a Coca-Cola machine in the garage, which many of us used, due to the Marriott partnership with Pepsi. Folks were going across the street to the Hilton Garden Inn to get their Diet Coke fix -- brand loyal we are.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

After staying one night at the airport Marriott I was pleased as usual with the Marriott line, service was quick, check in only took about a minute, but one problem is you have to use your key to go to any floor, a problem if you have younger children just running down to the lobby who you don't feel need. I guess you shouldn't order delivery if you want it to your room then. As for location, your in a mini china-town, with the large Oriental population everything is written in Mandarin before English, making it somewhat hard to navigate the city. Also for some reason the tv kept bugging out but it is nice to have a charging bar with hdmi and av Hookups where you don't have to go mr fantastic and stretch your arms behind the t.v as for the rooms it was large and enjoyable. With a room separating both beds (a king and queen) privacy was well kept. the only problem is the bathroom is a closet with a tub and with the sink outside the locking door it cuts down on privacy. Overall my stay at this Marriott was pretty ok.

• Stayed August 2013
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 22 August 2013

While I'm normally not a big fan of Marriott, the welcoming service at the Marriott Richmond was well received. Staying while attending the recent ESTO conference, the staff service (from front desk to cleaners) made us all feel more than welcome and were consistently on top of it through the duration of the conference.

Jefferson City, Missouri
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The accomodations were fine, the conviviality of the staff was wonderful, the HVAC system was bipolar. Restaurant staff were pleasant but scheduling of staff did not seem to be coordinated with the influx of activities at the conference (open times, conclusion of day's events, off nights for exploring city, etc.).

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Great customer service awaits at this hotel...there's an unmistakable consistency in their service approach. No one in uniform passes without a greeting...it rubs off on customers too. Great location for my two days of meetings, Nicole in the banquet area was a real professional making sure our meals and snacks were ready when we needed them. Quality of conference menu items great and they were able to accomodate special diet requests on the spot. JorDon, the bellman who helped me to my room was personable and was quick to offer to fill my ice bucket when I arrived. The young women at the front desk stepped around the desk when they were not servicing a customer, all very personable.
Good location for walking to area restaurants which was great for my out of town meeting guests. (Don't miss The Tobacco Co.)
The workout area was clean and with a variety of updated equipment. The pool was ...odd. I like to get a couple of laps in while travelling, and I've dealt with limitations...this pool starts at one foot...I guess that's great for families with small kids.
Only complaint I could offer was that the carpeting in my guest room needed a facelift...overall a great experience right up to the last moment when an observant young lady at curbside noticed that i had more luggage to carry to my car and when I turned around she was helping to load it into the trunk. I would definitely recommend and stay again next time I'm in the area.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I was so impressed by the customer service at this location. My plane was delayed hours due to weather and when I arrived at 2 a.m. the staff was incredible. They did a speedy check in, walked me to the elevator, explained when the restraurant and starbucks opened (6 a.m. so I could get fortified before my first meeting) and made sure I got to my room as tired as I was. Each time I walked into the lobby someone was there to greet me with a smile. When I ask for tips for walking, out popped a map and they spent time chatting about sights to see. Any question I had, they answered. It made my stay wonderful. I would highly recommend this site. Even the workers monitoring our meeting rooms greeted us with handshakes and well wishes...wonderful place!