“Great hotel”

Ranked #20 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Newark, Delaware
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My visit to this hotel was great. I had gone for a conference and reallly enjoyed my stay. Everyone was very curtious and helpful. it was a great place for me to enjoy while I was working. The rooms were very neat and clean. The food was one of the best that I have had in a while.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed here while visiting some family in Richmond. Staff was AWESOME from the second I stepped in they made sure I had everything I needed. I did have a few special request but the staff took care of them with ease. Room was clean and comfy! Customer service was on point! What else could I ask for? Definitely staying here again the next time I come down.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

I am a platinum member- loyal to Marriott. When I check in they don't put me on preferred floor- no problem. No attention toy profile asking for extra towels so I can shower after I work out. When I call and ask for a robe ( which I would get on preferred floor)
And extra towels- I get attitude. Management- if you can't put your preferred members on the preferred floor why not put the extras in our room so we have it? It appears you would rather have your staff give me attitude about asking for a robe and towels. Poor- poor customer service.
I did not need to hear " you may a robe for me". As it turns out you did so your attitude just gave you a poor customer service review.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank 147Adventure
Andy S, Manager at Richmond Marriott, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear 147Adventure,
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. Thank you for being a Platinum Rewards member. We appreciate your loyalty. I apologize that it appears as if we missed the mark this time with identifying requests on your profile. I also am sorry if you were given attitude as you state. We pride ourselves on great customer service and feel grateful to be ranked near the top of all Marriott hotels for customer service.
I hope that you will give us another chance to make it right for you in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me directly and I will make sure we make up for any shortcomings we had during your recent stay.
All the best!
Westchestry Cty, NY
Reviewed 18 October 2013

It's exactly what you would expect. Rooms were a tad smaller than most, but the layout and the bedding desk etc were all as expected. If your not a Marriott loyalist, this post may not be all that helpful. One plus the TV went right to a station and not the annoying lodgenet suite of stuff.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MMRDAR5
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 18 October 2013

The kind of experience you would expect from an upscale Marriott property. Located in-town, the only drawback is the cost of parking. Other than that, there's plenty of various sized meeting spaces, friendly staff, quality surroundings and the ambience we expect when holding a professional meeting. It's a destination hotel close to Virginia Commonwealth and University of Richmond and more. Have held meetings here for four years now and they don't disappoint.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank WVUTom
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 16 October 2013

To begin with, the front desk staff is great: friendly and well-informed. And always smiling.
The rooms are very quiet and comfortable. I love the Marriott beds, especially the pillows! The bathrooms are a bit cramped, but still fine. The internet even worked well! This is a first for us. For some reason, Marriott has been slow bringing easy high speed connection to their hotels.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is a very nice hotel close to the statehouse and other local attractions. The room was spacious and very clean. The valet parking service was quick to respond to requests for the car. T Millers restarant provided good food, fast service and reasonable prices. The front desk and all other staff encountered were very friendly and efficient.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple