“Cozy bed”
Review of Richmond Marriott

Richmond Marriott
Ranked #13 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Pleased by the very well trained staff, unfailingly courteous at all levels.
Mattress, pillows and bedding were excellent quality.

Conference AV in meeting rooms needs an upgrade. Image quality (resolution) was not what it should be these days.

Workout room was better than most: well maintained, plenty of equipment, clean and quiet.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed here to participate in the 4th Virginia Women's Conference. The service was outstanding. Each person was like a guardian angel. The lobby is airy and clean, the rooms are modern with comfy beds, nice sized bathroom and the usual amenities of a better hotel.

1  Thank Portena-by-Marriage
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I stayed for one night in a club floor room. After a normal check-in experience, I asked the gal who checked me in to recommend a pub or restaurant nearby. The police officer who was standing next to the check in desk suggested a couple, but it was clear that he and the check in gal didn't recommend walking around the area at night. My takeaway is that the area is not safe. But this is not the hotel's fault. Taking that into account, I went to their sports themed bar and ordered a sandwich to go. It took a half hour. I do not know if the server or the kitchen is to blame, but I was not happy considering I had been traveling all day.

The next morning, I went to the lounge for breakfast, and it was sparse. I would not recommend spending the extra money for the club breakfast. Nothing special. Then I went back to my room, and my keys did not work! Again, not happy. I called down stairs, and in about 15 minutes someone came up to let me in.

The room itself was just fine. Good bed, good television, good bathroom. No complaints.

Then I called the valet to get my car. They told me 10 minutes. I went down in 10 minutes, and it took another 10 minutes.

The hotel is a fine business hotel, and some service was good, and some not. I would describe the hotel as vanilla.

1  Thank bagoda1
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Ridiculously high fee for internet in the room. Worse, no coffee in the room or the lobby except Starbucks or the restaurant. I have been a loyal Marriott customer but this trend toward added fees will push me to another brand.

2  Thank CburgHokieHoos
Andy S, Manager at Richmond Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear CburgHokieHoos,
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you did not enjoy some aspects of your stay with us.I did want to let you know that there is a coffee maker in every room. It is a modern single serve unit that is stored underneath the TV.
Our internet fees are in line with other full service hotels in the market. Our gold and platinum rewards members do get free internet. We also offer free internet in all public areas of the hotel.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We were checked into our rooms very quickly and the staff were very friendly. When we called in for extra pillows it came to us surprisingly quick! The Internet was high speed which is a huge plus. The next morning the staff was very helpful in suggesting the nearby attractions. The restaurant is pretty good too. Overall great experience. Will definitely refer my friends and family to this Marriott !

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My visit to this hotel was great. I had gone for a conference and reallly enjoyed my stay. Everyone was very curtious and helpful. it was a great place for me to enjoy while I was working. The rooms were very neat and clean. The food was one of the best that I have had in a while.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed here while visiting some family in Richmond. Staff was AWESOME from the second I stepped in they made sure I had everything I needed. I did have a few special request but the staff took care of them with ease. Room was clean and comfy! Customer service was on point! What else could I ask for? Definitely staying here again the next time I come down.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family